Custom Search provider...where to start?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:43

Custom Search provider...where to start?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello,
I need to implement my own search provider that looks inside PDF, I just know how to read using PDFBox/iTextSharp,
what I'm not aware is how SF 4.0 Search provider works.... I've read this : www.sitefinity.com/.../in_the_mean_time_series_part_4_bonus_track_-_products_module_-_implementing_search_index.aspx that's related to 3.7, I've got some question :

1) when setting up a search index it asks me for a scope : news/content/blog ... what should I inherit in there to specify I just want to look @ libraries?
2) need I to override

• Index provider
  • Index settings control
  • Index view control
 as for 3.7?
3) How do I create in SF a backend editor as you show with your components? in a small usercontrol I wrote I had to select the library, but put a string property where I separate the categories with a ','
Thanks
Paolo

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Paolo,

1.There will be a custom pipe ( in Sitefinity 4.0 there is a search pipe) with the Q1 release similar to the blog post you saw.

2. You need a custom control designer

www.sitefinity.com/.../creating-the-c-sharp-custom-designer-class.aspx

Using the control designer you need to pass the selected values to a property of the control. You can pass an array from the client, but you should serialize (deserialize ) the object before sending you to the server

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed