horizontal navigation with tabs

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:01

horizontal navigation with tabs

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2011 00:00

Maybe I"m missing something obvious, but is there a way to get the horizontal navigation with tabs bar to show the top level page that you've clicked on.

For instance I have,

why work with us
resources
contacts
  - bios
  - contact form

I click on resources, the resources page opens. If I click on contacts, it stays on the resources page until I click on bios or contact form. I would like it to open contact form.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Amanda Shafer,

The behavior you are describing is not typical for the navigation widget. Can you please give me login credentials to the instance of Sitefinity where this problem reproduces, so that I can inspect this issue further? If that's not possible, please send me a zipped copy of your project. Generally a similar issue was reported by a client last week and simply deleting and replacing the navigation control on the layout template for his pages  fixed the issue - you can try this as well.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Hi Boyan,
Thank you for looking into this issue for me. I tried to delete the object, re-add it. I also tried putting it on the page instead of the template, but to no avail.

This instance is still on our development server so I will have to send you a copy of the project. Do you need the database as well? I will open a ticket for this issue.

Thanks!
- Amanda

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for getting back to me. Yes, I will need the DB as well, so you'd better open a support ticket for this issue. If the files are too large, maybe you can upload them on a shared hosting/give me an ftp access, so that I can examine this issue further.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2011 00:00

I've submitted a ticket for this. Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Amanda,

The issue turned out to be a bug in the horizontal navigation with tabs. I have replied to you in the support thread that you have opened. For your convenience I'm pasting below the reply:

" I inspected your project and successfully reproduced the issue. There seems to be a problem with links to group pages not being resolved properly when using Horizontal navigation with Tabs. I have logged this as a bug in our system and we'll be working on fixing it. You can track the bug progress in PITS, it will be available on this public URL"

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

Is there any workaround for this.....?

Thanks & Regards.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hi Amanda Shafer,

Thank you for using our services. I have just tested this scenario with Sitefinity 4.1 Service Pack1 and the described behavior that we found out in the beginning of this conversation does not occur anymore - now the links to group pages resolve properly if the page has any child pages, if not, it just does not get shown in Navigation. Please try upgrading your project to our latest version and inform me if any of the issues persist. It was a pleasure for me to assist you.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,

this issue seem to exist in version 4.4
Thanks,
JH

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello,

Can you share with me the page structure (I suppose you have group page with several child pages)?
GroupPage
-child1
-child2

In Sitefinity 4.4 horizontal with tabs navigation option will display GroupPage on top level and depending on the setting how to open pages (mouse over, click) 
Click->Clicking the group page will expand the child nodes, but the url will not be changes because the click action is not redirecting, but expanding a tab in this case

Mouse Over->clicking the group page will change the url to grouppage/child1 as all group pages navigate to the first child page and display the contents of the first child page.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed