Sitefinity 4.0 blog post backdating

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:42

Sitefinity 4.0 blog post backdating

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2011 00:00

Is there any way to edit individual blog posts to alter the publication date? When I'm moving from my current site to my new site, I'll have dozens of old entries, all showing today as their date of publication. Is this feature there and well hidden? Or is it planned for a future version?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Eric,

When you create a post the publication date is set to DateTime.Now, but you can get the BlogPost for editing and update its publication date through the API.

www.sitefinity.com/.../sitefinity-essentials-modules-blogs.html

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2011 00:00

Is this true for News Items.  THe only way to assign a date to them other than the time they are created is by creating custom code?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Michael,

I logged a task for exposing an option that would allow you to set the Publication_Date from the UI instead of working programmatically. We will review the task on our next planning and see if we could implement it  for Q2 release. Currently you have to use the API to do this.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2011 00:00

Is it possible to add it through the backend advanced settings area under News->Controls>NewsBackend->Views->NewsBackendEdit->Sections->MainSection->Fields-> Add new Date Field here?

I tried it with but the DateCreated and PublicationDate but it doesn't seem to save any of those changes.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Michael,

A quick workaround is to add a custom field to News items of type DateTime where you can set the desired date from the UI. Then you can  run a code that will get the value from this field and set the PublicationDate accordingly. Please check this thread from our forums where this solution is described in more detail.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed