Suggestions for iPad Blogging App?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:34

Suggestions for iPad Blogging App?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2011 00:00

I have a need to blog from my iPad(2).  However, the blogging apps I have found (that support Metaweblog) don't seem to be all that great, and I haven't had the desire to pay for them in order to test them out.  They really need a time-limited demo feature on their App Store.

In any case, I was curious if any of the community or telerik staff had had any good experiences with any?

BlogPress seems to have a neat "Twitter & Facebook integration" feature which would be awesome to find.  Their interface looks a bit un-polished and over-simplistic to me... but again, I haven't tried it yet.

Thoughts anyone?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Tony,

In Sitefinity 4.0 we use AtomPub, so you will need an application that supports it.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Apr-2011 00:00

BlogPress says it supports

Blogger, MSN Live Spaces, WordPress, MovableType, TypePad, Live Journal, Drupal, Joomla, Tumblr, SquareSpace, and My Opera.

I know that some of those use the Metaweblog API.

Supposedly Joomla is supported if you install the Metaweblog API on it.  Since Sitefinity (3.x) uses Metaweblog I figured it is just a matter of getting the access URL right?

So a couple questions...1. Do any of the other blogs listed use AtomPub?  2. My thinking is I should be able to just change where Sitefinity maps the virtual mapping for the Metaweblog API in the web.config, is that correct?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi TONY,

I have checked the listed blog platforms but they are not very clear if they use AtomPub or MetaweblogAPI. Sitefinity 4.0 does not have support for MetaweblogAPI so you cannot add mapping for it in the web.config.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed