Forums module

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:40

Forums module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Sitefinity Team,

I would like to create this tread and see how many people would like to get forums module as a part of sitefinity.

Of course it is very nice to have a product catalog as part of sitefinity but I think that forums module is not less important for many customers and developers.

We are planning to launch our site after Q1 release. Thanks for many very important features and changes in Q1 such as support for custom membership and many others. But seriously in my opinion forum is a standard future of many sites together with blogs. We already have blogs module as part of sitefinity, so it will be nice to get forums module sometimes this year as well.

Best Regards,

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Vitalii and all,

Please use this link to our Public Issue Tracking system to cast your vote for Forums Module.
We will use your votes and comments when priortizing the implementation of this feature. 

We realize that this is a very popular request and have logged it tentatively for implementation in Q3 (due in November). In the meanwhile we will provide samples for integration with external Forums which you can use as a temporary solution.

Regards,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Thanks for reply and the link to the tracking system Kalina,

I did  cast my vote for Forums Module

Have a good weekend.

Yes it will be nice guys if you can provide to us some samples of integration with external third party forums.

Kalina. Did you mean YetAnotherForum as external forum?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi vitako,

We will have a small document that outlines how to integrate Sitefinity with YAF with Sitefinity 4.1 (Q1) release.. The integration is based on a provider that exposes Sitefinity's users outside of the cms.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

Any update on when we can get instructions/video on how to integrate YAF (YetAnotherForum) with Sitefinity 4.1 so that YAF uses Sitefinity's User provider?

Also, any change on when Sitefinity will have it's integrated Forum module released? (Is it still November, 2011?)

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hi Vitako,

We are still working on this sample, together with other things we want to show with videos or articles. I expect that we will be done soon.
The Forums module is still not scheduled. For now I can only suggest you stay tuned to our roadmaps - we are going to update it with the Q3 features.

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2011 00:00

Has this sample or video been completed yet?

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Jon Ingersoll,

We still haven't created a sample for integration of YAF. We've included this in our plans and we can release it some time after the 4.2 release.

Regards,
Slavo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

Any updates on when the integration sample for YAF will be made available?

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Jeff,

Since we're still working on the mentioned sample, I'd recommend you to take a look at the CT.Forums for Sitefinity 4 Free Edition from our online Marketplace.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Boyan,

Please comment, since you recommend CT.Forums:
Will Telerik have an upgrade path from CT.Forums once you have your own forums module?
I guess I'm really asking, are you acquiring the CT.Forums product? (or will it simply die if you ever get your forums module back..?)

We moved our YAF forums to SF3.7 last summer (quite a job moving the essential posts, more or less manually), then got the documentation for the yet to come YAF integration from you this winter. We are not happy with this. I understand that you have put a huge effort in your new eCommerce module and I guess you have good reasons. But we don't need it, we need integrated forums back and a less buggy version 4. It becomes less likely that we ever will re-attempt to convert our SF3.7 company web to a newer version of Sitefinity, as another day goes by.

I see that the CT.Forums don't have a paid version for v4 like they have for 3.7. Can't find much assuring at coders-team.com, they don't seem to offer support plans like Telerik, and it is neither is their project open source like YAF.

I'd love to be more cheerful about this, but I'm afraid time is running out for us.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Olav,

We don't have plans to acquire the CT.Forums product from Coders Team and since Sitefinity 4 doesn't have a built-in forums module, we recommend CT.Forums as a fully integrated forums solution with the CMS. The guys from Coders Team are putting a lot of effort into CT.Forums and it is likely that they will release a paid version soon. It is unlikely that their product will die once we release a built-in Sitefinity forums module because they can differentiate on out-of-the-box features.

The Sitefinity product team has focused their efforts on polishing the product and they made great progress with the Sitefinity 4.2 release. Those efforts will continue and you can expect further improvements with the upcoming 4.3 release in the fall.

About the Ecommerce module, at the beginning of this year Telerik acquired Mallsoft, a company with 10+ years of experience in Ecommerce, and as a result the Ecommerce module for Sitefinity 4 was born. Our Ecommerce team works on adding new features to the module for our next release, but that in no means will affect the efforts of the core product team on polishing the overall CMS experience.

Kind regards,
Anton
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed