Intra-Site Module Creation in 4.0?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:47

Intra-Site Module Creation in 4.0?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Apr-2011 00:00

From what I read a month or 2 ago the creation of Intra-Site Modules in 4.0 is not doable. Has this changed or has anyone somehow figured this out?

These Project Modules in 4.0 are tedious to create and have increased development time for myself and other developers 2 or 3 times longer when compared to 3.x. I would have stuck with 3.7 until this option is available, but SI now charges the $2k even for 3.7 licenses. 

Thanks,
Matt

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Matthew,

There is no difference between the final result of intrasite and pluggable modules. These are two types that we introduced in 3.x edition. If you create the same logic in a class library it is the same as using App_Code folder of the website.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Apr-2011 00:00

Actually, they are quite different, mainly when it comes to development time. I can't be the only one out there that feels that way. I'm not complaining, I just hope and wish SI can incorporate the Intra-Site modules again in SI 4.0.

Matt

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

I've just finished posting a video and blog post on this very subject. the approach is different from 3.x, and actually is much simpler to do now in Sitefinity 4!

Just as before, everything is done with asp.net user controls. All you really need to do is create an installer. This is explained in the video.

Check this for more information: http://bit.ly/lHcOX7

I hope this is helpful!

This thread is closed