Roadmap

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:24

Roadmap

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi there

http://www.sitefinity.com/asp-net-cms-features/roadmap.aspx?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=sm&utm_campaign=buzz

I am glad that you switched to 4.1 , 4.2  versioning. Less confusion for me :-)

Also I am very happy to see that file system storage has made it to the list

E-commerce questions

1) price set yet?
2) are the developers from another team or will SF core team be helping
3) International Customers in mind? Multilingual (out-of-the-box) VAT, Shipping Partners, Currencies and so on

Since not everybody will need use a e-commerce system I sure hope this will not pull workforce away from the core.

I also hope that every reasonable feature request, missing 3.7 feature request and old and  new 4.1 bugs will get enough attention.

Features like real 4-eye workflow for standard did not seem to make it on the list - But I guess every one has on or the other feature that is important to them.

I would also love to see a easier way for novice developers to extend SF 4.2. Compared to 3.7 I just somehow feel that I need so much more developer skills (which I mostly lack ;-()

So lets see what 4.1 will bring. Just the out of box translation of the back-end is a huge gain that will help make sales a bit easier.

I would love to see your internal list of wishes and how they are valued at Telerik - Expecting them soon to be on PITS :-)

Looking forward to an exiting 2011 with Telerik and SF

Greatings
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Markus ,

Please, find answers to your questions below:

On Ecommerce Module:
The pricing has not been decided upon yet. We will make a public announcement in the following months. Stay tuned. The module will be developed mainly by our partners MallSoft which joined Telerik recently. They were responsible for an Ecommerce module for 3.7. The Core Sitefinity team will be engaged as well.
We will have the international customers in mind and will cover the options for VAT, Shipping Partners, Currencies. Translating items to different language will not be part of the first iteration, though.

On the Other Requests:
We will be working on all items committed in the roadmap. In addition to that we will be fixing issues and improving the product extensibility.

Items are added to PITs every week. We will need some time to build a comprehensive list but we are aiming at this eventually.

As always, thanks for your support.

Regards,
Kalina
the Telerik team

This thread is closed