RadWindowManager in Master page

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:10

RadWindowManager in Master page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Apr-2011 00:00

I have a RadWindowManager in my master page with a customized ConfirmTemplate.  However, it seems that Sitefinity is adding a second RadWindowManager to the page (at the very end of the markup found on the master) and registering it in the JavaScript instead.  As a result, calling radconfirm results in the original markup rather than the template's markup.

The RadWindowManager was registering in the JavaScript properly in 3.7 SP3.  Here's what it did:

Sys.Application.add_init(function()
    $create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadWindowManager, "clientStateFieldID":"ctl00_radWindowManager_ClientState","formID":"aspnetForm","iconUrl":"","minimizeIconUrl":"","name":"radWindowManager","skin":"Default","visibleStatusbar":false,"windowControls":"['ctl00_LoadingWindow']", null, "child":"ctl00_LoadingWindow", $get("ctl00_radWindowManager"));
);

And what it does now:

Sys.Application.add_init(function()
    $create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadWindowManager, "behaviors":0,"clientStateFieldID":"ctl00_ctl06_ctl00_windowManager_ClientState","formID":"form1","iconUrl":"","minimizeIconUrl":"","name":"windowManager","showContentDuringLoad":false,"skin":"Sitefinity","visibleStatusbar":false,"windowControls":"[]", null, null, $get("ctl00_ctl06_ctl00_windowManager"));
);

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2011 00:00

My current workaround is to remove the undesired manager from the page's control tree during OnLoad.  I don't like the solution but it solves the problem.  Does anyone have a better recommendation?  Is there a Sitefinity setting that I'm missing?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for using our services.

The extra window manager which you see on your pages is coming from the Browse and Edit feature. If you disable this feature, log out, or use a user which does not have permissions for Browse and Edit the second manager will not be rendered. I would suggest instead of removing any managers on load to use the suggestion from this forum post.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed