Community edition issues

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 07:44

Community edition issues

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2011 00:00

I installed Community edition of sitefinity project manager on my localhost, and created a project. Now I copied the project on to a temporary server and configured this on IIS. "http://192.168.1.8:8089/"(Not Public). But Now it started to show "You are running a trial version of sitefinity 4". Please help me with this. I have attached the screen shot with this.

Regards,
Hydo L

Hi Hydo L,

Your account shows that you have not registered domain name which will be used with the community edition website and this is why you are getting the trial message.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Thanks Ivan,

So I just need to register my domain on this page www.sitefinity.com/.../license-management.aspx ?

Thanks,
Hydo

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Hydo ,

Yes, because the trial message is not thrown only on localhost or if you use IP address to access the website.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Thanks Ivan,

But I was using IP "http://192.168.1.8:8089/" . Does this one also show trial message,

Hi Hydo L,

Sorry, the trial message will not be thrown if you use "localhost" as a host name or you have register the domain name as initially suggested.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

many thanks on clearing this Ivan. I will register the domain once I am finished the development.

Hydo L

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,

I registered domain name ibcqgolf.com for my community edition . But it still shows me "trial" message. Can you please explain me about this and how can I activate the license?

Thanks,
Manzoor

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

Hello Hydo,

Your top level domain is ibcqgolf.com. If the host is not ibcqgolf.com, or its subdomain  you will get a trial message.  Can you add the following code in a user control and check the host that is returned.

public void CheckHost()

var host = Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.CurrentHttpContext.Request.Url.Host.ToLower();
            Response.Write(host);
            if (Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.CurrentHttpContext.Request.Url.HostNameType != UriHostNameType.Dns)

Response.Write("HostNameType is not the same as the DNS");

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed