Problem installing meetings custom module

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:17

Problem installing meetings custom module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,
I created a new SiteFinity 4.0 project and I'm trying to add the Meeting module from the Intranet Starter Kit. Here's what I did:

1. Added reference to Telerik.Sitefinity.StarterKit.Intranet.Meetings.dll
2. Registered the module (see attachment)
3. Registered the widget

The widget appears in the toolbox under the Custom section but I dont see the Meeting link under the Content top menu.

Am I missing something? Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Raihan,

Seems you have not registered the module properly. Please check the following tutorial in order to correctly reference all dependencies and achieve the desired result.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Hi,

Thanks for helping out. If you check my screenshot, I havent missed out any step mentioned in the tutorial. Please corrent me if I'm mistaken. Furthermore, the values of the fields are different from the tutorial because this is a different module.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Raihan,

Can you give me more details about your module - if possible upload the source so I can take a look at it and be of greater help.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Hi Victor,

As I mentioned earlier, I got the module from the starter kit and I did not make any changes to the code. You can download the module from here:
www.sitefinity.com/.../intranet.aspx

The module is Telerik.Sitefinity.StarterKit.Intranet.Meetings.dll

Hello Raihan,

Can you please verify that the module .dll is in Sitefinity folder. Also please change the startup type to:

startupType="OnApplicationStart"

and restart your project.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

The module .dll is present in the reference folder? Should I add it somewhere else? How do I restart my project?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Raihan,

The .dll should be present in Sitefinity's bin folder. You can restart your project simply by adding a random character, deleting ( in your webconfig ) and saving it thus restarting the website ( without making unnecessary changes ).

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2011 00:00

The .dll is present in the bin folder and I restarted the website by modifying the web.config but I dont see the Meetings module in the Content menu but I see my other custom module. The following two entries are present in the SystemConfig.config under App_Data/SiteFinity/Configuration

<applicationModules>
<add title="Meetings" description="" resourceClassId="" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.StarterKit.Intranet.Meetings.MeetingsModule" startupType="OnApplicationStart" version="1.0.0.0" name="Meetings" />       
<
add title="Jobs" description="" resourceClassId="" type="Jobs.Jobs_Module" startupType="OnApplicationStart" version="1.0.0.0" name="Jobs" />

</applicationModules>

When I click on 'Content' in the top menu, I now see "Jobs" but I dont see "Meetings".

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Raihan

Try to delete the version from the module and restart the applicaiton. This is how your systemconfig.config should look like:

<applicationModules>
<add title="Meetings" description="" resourceClassId="" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.StarterKit.Intranet.Meetings.MeetingsModule" startupType="OnApplicationStart" name="Meetings" />       

</applicationModules>

When there is no version the Sitefinity 4 tryes to install the module.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Raihan ,

Can you give us up - to - date information about your current issue?

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2011 00:00

I have the exact same problem and I am still facing it with all the suggestions fulfilled.
I even tried with different browsers - no help.
Any new suggestion?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Ani,

After you have added the module as reference to SitefinityWebApp, added the proper entries to the settings files and restarted the project the module still has not showed up? Can you please provide screenshots of the following:

1. The registered module in the backend settings.
2. The module structure and files.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Victor,

See my files attached and tell me if I missed something.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Ani,

I see that you also have a a Localization Resource file, can you include it in the resourceClassid field.

For example enter PersonsResourcers in the ResourceClassId field.

Also please make sure that you use the naming Person and Persons correctly. It is best if you choose one of the two and use it for the whole project. Do not forget to restart your application after you commit the changes.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2011 00:00

Isn't it the 107th and 137th lines in PersonsModule.cs file that you mean?

ResourceClassId = typeof(PersonsResources).Name,

Otherwise tell me what and where to change specifically.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Ani,

Please check the attached screenshot. After you make the changes restart the application.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2011 00:00

I did as you instructed and unfortunately it still does not work - the Persons module is absent from the Contents menu. Please see attached.
I can confirm that I restarted the project before rerunning.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2011 00:00

I wrongly copy/pasted what you wrote in the previous post, which had a typo. Now I updated it to the correct one, and still no result.
See attached.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Ani,

Can you please send me the module ( you can upload it to a FTP or share hosting service ) so I can check the codebase on and set it up locally.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2011 00:00

Please find it at my DropBox public shared folder: dl.dropbox.com/.../PersonsModule.cs

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Ani,

I will need the whole project Persons ( with all the files and folders as in this screenshot )  in order to get it running on my local environment. Please provide the archive with the code so I can install it locally.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed