Developing for the Community Edition

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:18

Developing for the Community Edition

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2011 00:00

I have a standard licence and am using them.

I've been asked to put together a site for a charity and am considering using the community edition of Sitefinity 4 to do it.

Assuming I stay within the limitations of the CE licence can I just develop using my Standard Edition licence and put it on a service with the Community Edition installed? Or am I going to run in to problems doing that?

-- 
Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I suggest that you should use the license that will be used on the production server. There are limitation in some of the features and you should better work with the proper license from the beginning. For instance, the CE allows 25 SiteMap items, if you use standard license and you create 30 SiteMap items, then there will be a problem when you switch the license back to CE.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Ivan

Thanks for the info.

And I can install CE and SE side-by-side on my machine?

-- 
Stuart

Hello Stuart Hemming,

The installation for Sitefinity in any edition is the same. What differentiates them is the license. You can use the Sitefinity Project Manager to create projects with different licenses - e.g. CE, SMB. Then even manage projects licensed for different domains - e.g. manage 4 SMB projects for different domains.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Radoslav,

Thanks for that. I'll do it that way then. :-)

-- 
Stuart

This thread is closed