Web Editor is not working

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:50

Web Editor is not working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi I am using Sitefinity 4.0 Professional Edition and I was migrating from Sitefinity 3.7 to 4.0
But I was getting lots of error during migration and also I was not getting any proper support from Your Team
So I have decided to Create a new project with my User Controls used in Sitefinity 3.7.
But now I found that WebEditor Property is not working in Sitefinity 4.0

can You please guide me how these web editor propery will work in Sitefinity 4.0

Thanks
Abhishek

Hi abhishek,

WebEditor is an attribute to a property. In Sitefinity 4.0 you need a control designer where you need to wrap the  logic of the dialog you want to open or open a new window/designer.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Hi abhishek,

WebEditors are not currently implemented in Sitefinity 4.  Re-implementing these WebEditors has been suggested by others and this task can be tracked through the Public Issue Tracking System:

http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/4952

In the meantime, Ivan has suggested the workaround for creating an end-user friendly interface for your widgets.

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan
For accessing property in sitefinity now we have create a class for each user control
I have around 200 user control in so I have to write 200 separate class to access those property .
This is quite time taking and extra task if I am migrating to sitefinity 4.0

Can you please tell me when you are going to implement this feature in Sitefinity
Also can you please refer this link and give me solution . I am waiting for your reply on this problem
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/getting-exception-while-migration.aspx

Thanks
Abhishek   

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello abhishek,

You can create one web editor ( selector) and use in all controls. This is the same as for Sitefinity 3.x. The difference is that you need a control designer which was not require in 3.x when you want to use WebnEditor attribute. We are going to work on selectors Q2 and Q3. I will check the other issue you have and we will get back to you.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed