Resource Not Found

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:21

Resource Not Found

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,
We have created a website in Sitefinity 4.0.It is working fine on all local machines.
We are trying to publish the same on server.
On server, we are able to drive all the pages of site. but if we tried to logon to sitefinity and click on Pages (sitefinity->Pages , Content , Design)
it is giving following error -
"The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or its temporarily unavailable."
It is givng 404 error.
the asp.net trust level is 'Full'.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Hello Shalaka,

Can you please sure you have everything set up as per the instructions on this page of our Installation and Administration guide? It sounds like you might need to set the mappings to the .svc and .xamlx extensions in IIS - please refer to the instructions and see the attached screenshot for more details. If this does not fix the problem, could you please record a trace of the web service exceptions that occur while browsing the problematic content on your site (you can refer to this KB article for more information on how to do this)

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Hi,
We are having Microsoft windows server 2008 R2 with IIS 7.5
I checked the settings, and it seems correct.
But still facing the same problem with sitefinity backend module. Front end is working.

Hi Shalaka,

Since you have everything setup properly in IIS, let's do the following: please take a look at this KB article. it provides instructions on how to record a trace of the web exceptions that occur while you're browsing the site. Please run the log and perform the actions that you've mentioned to give errors (clicking on Pages, Design, Content etc.) and then send me the log so that I can inspect you and advise you further on this matter.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Hi,
I got SdrConfigExample.e2e file , but it is not updating properly.
i am not able to identify the exact error.
On my local system , the file is getting prper data which i can read using exe.

Is there any other solution.
I tried the same publish folder on other local system - windows 7 , and it is working properly.
Is there any issue of windows 2008...

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Shalaka,

There should be no problems performing this on windows 2008, at least we haven't experienced any so far. Can you please try performing again the described in the article procedures, just to make sure something was not omitted. This video demonstrates in detail installation of a Sitefinity 4.0 project on an identical setup as yours, can you please browse though it and check if the steps you took differ in any way, and if so, please inform me.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed