404 error in Admin Module

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:52

404 error in Admin Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,
We moved our web site (built using sitefinity4.0) to staging environment (IIS7.0 with application pool in integrated mode.) and we are facing a problem in the admin module. I am able to login in the admin panel but when I am trying to access a page/any link, I getting error “The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changes or is temporarily unavailable”

After going through some forums I found that we need to change the handler to web <system.webServer>(because of integarted mode) but still its giving me the same error.

I also changed application mode for Integrated to classic but it didn’t solve the problem. Also  I tried moving the web site to IIS6.0 I am getting the same error.

In my local machine everything worked fine.

Also just to mention I using Trial license in the staging environment

Please HELP!!!

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Shailendra,

We have already replied to you in the other forum thread that you have opened. Please check our response there, and for your convenience I'm pasting below our reply:

"Please make sure that you have handler mappings for svc and xaml

For Request type - *.svc
Type - System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceHttpHandlerFactory, System.ServiceModel.Activation, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35

*.svc
c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll

For *.xaml

System.Xaml.Hosting.XamlHttpHandlerFactory, System.Xaml.Hosting, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35

For .*.svc

c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll"

Also, may I please ask you, if you don't mind of course, to keep our communication to one thread for the sake of clarity and tracking our responses there. This way we can help you solve your problem more efficiently.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed