setting up DEV server and accessing the administration remot

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:54

setting up DEV server and accessing the administration remotely

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,

Its been 2 days that I have started working on Sitefinity as an evaluation.  I am trying to setup the development web server(windows 2008 server) for my application. I installed the Sitefinity 4.0 on the DEV server. I have created a project using Sitefinity Project Manager and also configured in IIS 7.

When I select the ‘Go To Administration’ in the Sitefinity Project Manager(this is on DEV server), it opens up the browser(with port number in URL) with a dashboard  where I can do all the administration of the website ( like create pages, templates, widgets, users , roles etc).

Since I have also setup the project in the IIS, I can open it up in the browser with no port in the URL.

Q1. Since all the above setup is done in the DEV Server, How do I open the administration of the website from my desktop or from other Developers desktops?

Q2. Also, I opened the website using the IP address of the DEV server from my desktop, I am not able to see any link or option that takes me to administration functionality (to create pages, templates etc). Also I cannot see an option to Edit the content. I am an administrator to this site. I have not created any users on the site yet.

Please help me here.

Thanks,

KR 

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2011 00:00

I figured it out...nevermind.

This thread is closed