where do I put my favicon?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:59

where do I put my favicon?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,

this is probably a really simple silly question but where do I need to put my favicon in order to display it?

I'm using a masterpage theme and the favicon is referenced in there. I just assumed it would sit in that directory but it doesn't come through.  I've put it in the site directory, app-theme directory but still no joy.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be greatful as I hate seeing that little white peice of paper next to my page titles :)

Thanks Matt

In the root. You can put it elsewhere and at a link tag in the head, but that's just more work -- I would only do that if you needed to have multiple favicons.

http://www.1stsitefree.com/howcani/favicon.htm

Hi Matthew,

If you put it in the root folder of you project (where App_Data folder is) the icon should appear shortly.

In your case you use a master page in which you can use this sample code - just paste it in the head tags of your page / customize it in order to suit your needs /

<linkrel="shortcut icon"href="~/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/MyTemplate/Images/favicon.ico"/>

Is your code by any chance much different ?

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Victor.

Thanks for the help. I finally got round to trying this. worked fine. we now have a favicon :)

Cheers

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2011 00:00

I am trying to add a favicon to my pages (I'm using Sitefinity 3.2), but I cannot figure out how to manually modify the head tags on my template page. I can't even find the template page to edit on my website! (Sorry, I am a little new to Sitefinity). Where do I put the favicon on the site so that it displays correctly on a browser? Can you help me?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Elmer,

I have answered you in the other thread you have opened.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

I am relatively new to Sitefinity, 4.1, and I can't seem to get the favicon to show up.

I am not using master pages, just a single Sitefinity template page.

Do I understand from this thread is that all I need to do is place the favicon.ico file in the root directory and it should show up?

I have done that, and I still see the IE icon. 

Is there anything else I need to be doing?

Thanks,

Dan

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Daniel,

Have you tried to clear your browsing history ( & cache )? Please clear all your browsers history, restart the website and navigate to the homepage. The favicon should appear if placed in the root folder of the website.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed