Managing non web page content

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:46

Managing non web page content

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Sitefinity,

I'd like to be able to setup some pages that will allow users to enter content that isn't HTML. The text will end up as things like raw text content (readme files, etc) or maybe XML also. Is there a way to setup pages and templates (or pages without templates) that lets users enter that sort of data?

On the other side, when other systems access that data from a web service or api, how would another system find the content (txt files, xml ,etc)?

Thanks!

Eric

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Eric,

Why not try using the Generic content module provided in the Sitefinity backend for these purposes? It provides you with a handy way of managing the content items inside the module (you can assign categories to items, perform filtering, track revision history, add custom fields etc.) as well as convenient textual input using the features of our built-in Editor. Another advantage is that you can easily create/get content items using our API. Please take a look at our Content Writer's Guide to review the described functionality in more detail and estimate if my suggestion suits your purposes. You can also take a look at this article from our documentation which includes code samples and explanations on how to deal with Generic content programatically.
I hope this information helps. If you need any further assistance, or the functionality you demanded differs from what I've offered you, please do not hesitate to write back.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed