Blog and Archive control - unfunctional

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:43

Blog and Archive control - unfunctional

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2011 00:00

Note, this is a direct copy from my tickets, as no one has responded since I made the post 2 days ago....

This is causing me so many issues.
I have an archive control on my page which lists months of my articles. It looks like it is using the publication date to retrieve it's months.
But the front end, you have already stated, uses the EventStart date (although I can not find that anywhere.... it doesn't exist in the database, nor in any of the fields I can use).

The main thing that is annoying is this:
If you look at the screenshot I have attached to this, you can see that it states the article was published on the 11th April (or the EventStart) but if you hover over the link of the article, you can see that the URL it has generated using URL Rewriting, is actually using the PublicationDate.
This is really frustrating......because my archive control won't work because the 2 are using different dates.

If you go to: www.brightdigital.co.uk/.../cuts-and-bruises-bright-and-spikes-cavell-heal-the-wounds you will see the post in the screen shot.
As you can see by the URL it shows a date of 2010/07/25, but if you use the archive control on that page and select July 2010, it takes you to this url: www.brightdigital.co.uk/.../07 where no posts are listed. But if you click the April 2011 link in the Archive control, it takes you to this page: www.brightdigital.co.uk/.../04. On page 2, you will see the cuts and bruises article.....

I have even tried setting all the dates in the sf_blog_posts table in our database to the same date (so that should force sitefinity to be accurate for all the dates as they should all be the same) but it just isn't working.
The EventStart date is still being used and I can't find it.

As you can imagine, this is getting really frustrating and it is driving me up the wall, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Roberto,

Can you please specify in more detail the concrete information related to the blog posts that are causing trouble. It is not very clear form the explanation below whether you are talking about a BlogPost or an Event, since I see you mentioning EventStart several times, but there is no property EventStart for BlogPosts, can you clarify.
Generally a BlogPost will have a DateCreated (the one you see when you go to Content->Blogs->YourBlog->YourBlogPost in the Grid showing all posts in a blog) and PublicationDate. The archive widget is taking the PublicationDate for its sorting, please specify if you demand different fuctionality. There might be a problem with the PublicationDate of one of the states of a blog post differing from the others, that's why the problem with archive widget and information displayed on your page. Can you please verify if this problem occurs only for this particular blog post, or has multiple occurrences. If you could tell me some more details about the problem (specific steps to reproduce it and/or when was the post created, was it edited, etc. ) this will definitely help me give you a more specific answer, so please do not hesitate to  write back.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

The reason I speak about EventStart is because I have this issue logged as a ticket also and I recieved this reply quite awhile ago:

Hi Roberto,

The backend shows PublicationDate, since the frontend control shows EventStart date. This is from where the difference might come from.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2011 00:00

Anyway.
I have been in the backend database and changed the PublicationDate to a different date.
The blog still shows the wrong date. I cannot find the field that holds the date that is displayed on the blog page.

Can you tell me where I can find it. Surely I don't need the api, surely I can just change the value in the database (it must be held somewhere) and it will be reflected on the Blog post AND the archive control?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2011 00:00

Hello Roberto,

Can you, please, try changing the DateCreated in the Database as well and inform us if the problems persist.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed