Form Confirmation Message

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:56

Form Confirmation Message

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2011 00:00

I have a form and when submitted, it's supposed to show a confirmation message. But the div that has the message has a style of "display: none". Is there something I can do to fix this?

<div id="ctl00_ContentMain_C001_ctl00_successMessage" class="sfSuccess" style="display:none;">
    Success
</div>

I can work around this pretty easily by adding some script like...

$(document).ready(function()
    $('div.sfSuccess').each(function()
        if ($(this).text() != '')
            $(this).show();
    );
);

But I figured if there was an actual solution or if you think I'm doing something wrong, it'd be better to do it right.

Thanks

Hmm, are there script errors on the page at all?  I dont have a sample infront of me, but when I see something like that I'd assume jQuery would run to show it at some later point...

...an easier way to show it would be adding this to your CSS

.sfSuccess
   display:block !important;

Means you wouldn't see the popping or have the browser blocking a script tag would generate

No script errors on the page.

Yeah, that would work. Before the form is submitted, that div doesn't have a message. So it'd probably be safe to force it to always show... I guess just as safe as what I'm doing.

I like your solution better Steve. If I don't hear back on an actual solution, rather than a hack, I'll mark your's as the answer. Don't get me wrong, I'm not critical of your hack... it's a better hack than mine :)

Thanks

Oh yeah, totally a hack, no doubt :)

I just suggest it becasue I'm not sure myself...my forms all show the success message on submit fine

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2011 00:00

I am aware this thread is half a month old, but i am having the exact same problem.

Using FireBug it shows this:

<div class="sfFormsEditor sfTopLbls sfFormsEditor sfTopLbls" id="ctl00_formCampaign_C000">
     <div class="sfErrorSummary" id="ctl00_formCampaign_C000_ctl00_errorsPanel"></div>
     <div style="display:none;" class="sfSuccess" id="ctl00_formCampaign_C000_ctl00_successMessage">Success! Thanks for filling out our form!</div>
</div>

Which implies it is showing the error message rather than the success message. Even though it has successfully submitted the form. Thus i am getting no text show up, like Eric i could use the hack, but as you can imagine, i would rather not!

I'm using Sitefinity 4.0.1210.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,

Louis

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

Hello Louis,

Have you tested with a newer version like build 1339?

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan,

I have upgraded to 4.1.1395.0 and i am still seeing the same issue...

Thanks,

Louis

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Hello Louis

I am not able to replicate the issue with the latest release

<div class="sfSuccess" id="C000_ctl00_ctl00_successMessage"><br>        Success! Thanks for filling out our form!<br>    </div>

This is correctly shown in the browser

Please provide more details about how you are reproducing the problem

Best wishes,
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Apologies,

I have just tried this again, having restarted the website, and the issue has been resolved.

Many thanks,

Louis

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2012 00:00

Sorry for double posting, I received a Server error while posting it.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2012 00:00

Weird, we are using Sitefinity 4.3.1885.0 PE and still experience this issue. Before form submit:

<div id="cph_MainSectionContent_C014_ctl00_ctl00_successMessage" class="sfSuccess" style="display:none;"> </div>
After form submit:
<div id="cph_MainSectionContent_C014_ctl00_ctl00_successMessage" class="sfSuccess" style="display:none;">
    Success! Thanks for filling out our form!
</div>
I have a CSS-styled success message, and of course, I don't want it to show before a user has actually submitted the form. Please advise why this issue has been solved (previous versions) but still happens to 4.3.1885 and how we can fix it without using additional JS. Thanks & cheers

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jun-2012 00:00

We are using 5.0 and have this problem.

Seems strange that this would pop up as a problem so long after it was apparently fixed. We're using George Saadeh's Forms Notification add-on ( http://gsaadeh.com/blog/11-07-20/Forms_Module_Notification_1_2.aspx ) I have no idea if that could be the culprit.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2012 00:00

@Michael, actually, we are using the same plugin for our 4.3 version. Maybe it has something to do with it, I actually haven't looked into that one more specifically.

This thread is closed