Blog naming

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:11

Blog naming

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2011 00:00

We want to set up a blog but just one. We want the URL to be www.company.com/blog but when we set up a blog SF sets it to be www.company.com/blog/blog which of course seems redundant.

How can we do this?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Embrace,

By default the URL of a Blog consists of its Title ( "/[UrlName]" ), and the URL of a BlogPost is generated as "/[Parent.UrlName]/[PublicationDate, 0:yyyy'/'MM'/'dd]/[UrlName]". Since we are constructing the full URLs dynamically the final URL will always consist of the Blog's location i.e. the page where you have dropped the BlogPosts control (for instance www.mycompany.com/page/ParentBlogUrlName/PublicationDate/BlogPostUrlName). If you wish to customize the way BlogPost URLs are constructed you will need to create a custom provider for blogs, inherit from OpenAccessBlogProvider and override the GetUrlFormat method, specifying the desired urlFormat. For more information and sample code, please take a look at this forum thread.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

I was curious about how to do this as well. It seems the link you supplied does not work. Do you have a link that shows sample code in how to do this?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

Hi Willie,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused. You could find the the above mentioned thread here:
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/change-url-s.aspx

Kind regards,
Tihomir
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed