Error after upgrading to Q1

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:26

Error after upgrading to Q1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2011 00:00

I upgraded from SP1 to Q1 and now when I try and hit the Sitefinity admin area I get this.

The current type, Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.VirtualPath.IVirtualFileResolver, is an interface and cannot be constructed. Are you missing a type mapping?

If I try and browse the site I get a 404 error.

Help
Thanks,
Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello SteveW,

The 404 error is general type of error. If you upgraded from SF4, do you have any specific mappings for your website folders ( App_Data etc. )?

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

I am having the same issue.  However after running the upgrade it is forcing me to "/Sitefinity/Licensing?ReturnUrl=%2fhome" at which I get the error 

"The current type, Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.VirtualPath.IVirtualFileResolver, is an interface and cannot be constructed. Are you missing a type mapping?"

Any further ideas on what might be causing this?

That's what happened to me initially but then I copied the updated license and now I get the error when browsing to ~/sitefinity.

Our solution has multiple custom modules and many custom controls. I've stripped the solution right down and I'm still getting the error.

Hi SteveW,

Can you provide us with your App_Data folder so we can have a deeper look at your configuration settings.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

I found the problem. In our situation it was a combination of 2 things first we created some custom fields/selectors for selecting an image and gallery for our news which referenced a different dll so we removed those fields and we still got the error. The second step was a result of installing a custom module and updating the the virtual path settings in the admin area which of course created a virtual path config file.

Before upgrading I manually removed the modules and config settings knowing I would have problems but it did not remove the config file so the default Sitefinity 4.0 virtual paths from the config file were overwriting the new 4.1 settings. To fix it I deleted the config file.

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi SteveW,

I am glad you have resolved the problem. I will be closing the thread for now. Please feel free to contact me if you experience any more issues.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed