Creating custom navigation control designer

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:01

Creating custom navigation control designer

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2011 00:00

I have already created a user control that allows for custom navigation, but I now need to create a designer for this control. I am having an extremely hard time finding documentation that would explain the process of creating the user control designer since the recent upgrade to 4.1 

Since I am sure the documentation that would normally exist on the subject of control designer won't cover my exact need, I need some help here as well. I am looking to have expandable menus where the user can select what menu items are displayed from pages he/she has loaded into sitefinity.

Any resources someone can point me to would be most helpful. Also keep in mind I am quite new to this process, so the more detail, the better.

Thanks,
Wes

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Wesley,

Please take a look at this article which shows how to create a control designer. Out of the box you can use Navigation control that allows you to select a specific node under which the binding will start.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Thanks for the reply Ivan, but the link is broken.

As far as the out of the box control is concerned, I guess I should explain a little. I am not looking for ALL nodes under a particular node, but just some. Also I need to go multiple levels deep under some nodes and not others.

Hi Wesley,

In this case you will need a custom control that uses pages API so that you can populate your control as you need. I will check the dev manual. It looks like some articles are not accessible.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Awesome, thanks.

This thread is closed