Backend Localization DE (German)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 07:51

Backend Localization DE (German)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

First of all thanks to Telerik to start making SF really mulit lingual.

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/grishakaranikolov/posts/11-04-13/localizing_the_administrative_backend_of_sitefinity.aspx

Some feedbak

1) From a user view it would be nice if the stuff would be handled in the same place. Settings would make senst to me, but if you add a new language you should get at least the option to go to Messages & Labels.

2) I looked at the German file wich is about 0,6 MB. Could it make sense to include all languages by default. So users can simply switch out of the box.

3) German - there seems to be a lot of stuff not translated www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_translation.swf. Is this a problem with my setup, or are a lot of parts simply not translated - and if they are not - are you working on int?

Looking forward to more SF every day.

Markus

Could it have been a caching issue?

I added another language later and then it worked.

I assume its a coincidential timing, adding a third language and getting DE to show up all over the site.

Markus

I am getting this error after adding a back-end language (Turkish);

There is no field with name ıd backing Id property in type Telerik.Sitefinity.Metadata.Model.MetaType. You need to either change the Field Naming rules of the mapping configuration object or call HasFieldName(string) with the name of the backing field.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.MissingFieldException: There is no field with name ıd backing Id property in type Telerik.Sitefinity.Metadata.Model.MetaType. You need to either change the Field Naming rules of the mapping configuration object or call HasFieldName(string) with the name of the backing field.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MissingFieldException: There is no field with name ıd backing Id property in type Telerik.Sitefinity.Metadata.Model.MetaType. You need to either change the Field Naming rules of the mapping configuration object or call HasFieldName(string) with the name of the backing field.]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessMetaDataProvider_66f75849d0a94952becba0d7d0a64d68.Initialize(String providerName, NameValueCollection config, Type managerType) +197
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +1479
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +63
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SetProvider(String providerName, String transactionName) +161
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1..ctor(String providerName, String transactionName) +131
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Metadata.MetadataManager..ctor() +12

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +98
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +241
   System.Activator.CreateInstance() +103
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetManager(String providerName, String transactionName) +80
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.Initialize() +95
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) +235
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.Bootstrap() +193
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication context) +24
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.System.Web.IHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication application) +10
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModulesCommon() +166
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModules() +46
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitInternal(HttpContext context, HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers) +715
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +283
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +104
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +327

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Mahmut,

Which edition are you using?

All the best,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2011 00:00

I use 4.1.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

I am getting this error on installation step.

I just created a project with Sitefinity Proeject Manager tools.
Then enter my db and server credentials and continue.

Then i got this weird error , and couldnt continue : 

There is no field with name ıd backing Id property in type Telerik.Sitefinity.Metadata.Model.MetaType. You need to either change the Field Naming rules of the mapping configuration object or call HasFieldName(string) with the name of the backing field.

Any idea will be much appreciated...

Mustafa;
I have a open ticket about this issue.
Telerik team suggests me to use Windows in English Locale.

"The issue is caused by the current culture of the thread that is running the OpenAccess code, so one way around would be to somehow force it to non-Turkish during upgrade. 
This may require checking your Windows system locale, as it may be set to something different than the UI language of the OS (in the Control Panel, go to Clock, Language and Region and chooseRegion and Language; go to the Administrative tab and click the Change system locale... button).
Also make sure Turkish is not your default language in Sitefinity, while you are performing upgrade."

You may install and use Sitefinty on a non-Turkish locale windows. But problem still persists after adding Turkish language both for public site or backend system.

I think Telerik team must hire a Turkish tester also a translator (not only a translator also who has some knowledge about asp.net) because Turkish translation is not complete and seems like translated using google translate.

Hi Mustafa Kipergil,

We are going to work on the translations more. It's odd that we cannot reproduce it here, but we have an idea. In either way, we are going to provide updates for the language packs with every new release.
We will get back to you. 

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Dear Georgi

It might be a caching issue again . I changed on my profile to italian and the text default language was till english.

Maybe you can chech if its translated in italian and other languages.

Markus

Maybe there should be a panic button if you by accident translate to arabic and don't know your way back :-)

Thanks for reply.

Do you have any scheduled timeline for upcoming relases ?
I am planning to use Sitefinity 4.1 for a real project for a customer.

But we cant even set it up correctly on our local development environment.
We need to test and try 4.1 in order to make a decision whether to use sitefinity or not.

So we need that update as fast as possible.

Are there any other suggestions to install Sitefinity 4.1 in our local environment ?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

Hi Georgi,

Is there any update about this issue ?
I cant still create a project on my local.

Is there any way to create a project on local ?

Error is the same : 

There is no field with name ıd backing Id property in type Telerik.Sitefinity.Metadata.Model.MetaType. You need to either change the Field Naming rules of the mapping configuration object or call HasFieldName(string) with the name of the backing field.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.MissingFieldException: There is no field with name ıd backing Id property in type Telerik.Sitefinity.Metadata.Model.MetaType. You need to either change the Field Naming rules of the mapping configuration object or call HasFieldName(string) with the name of the backing field.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

Hi,
There is no change about this problem with the latest internal build :(

@Telerik Team please fix this issue with upcoming hotfix, there was no such problem with 4.0 release!

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

Hello Mustafa,

We will make sure that the new localization packages work. We are currently investigating the problem with this though. It's really strange that we cannot reproduce it.

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2011 00:00

We are using Sitefinity 4.0 and we just got the same error:

There is no field with name ıd backing Id property in type Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.DraftData

However, we did not make any changes to the default language (English) and was nothing working in or making any changes in the backend.

Very weird.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello,

Could you please open a support ticket and provide a little bit more information on how the problem is reproduced? If another language is not added, there are really no reasons why this error pops up. 
We have some fixes ready, but they require an upgrade before that. 

We might ask you for the project over the support channel.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed