Upgrading to 4.1 and web.config

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:25

Upgrading to 4.1 and web.config

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade one of my websites into 4.1 using the upgrade documentation.
I came to this point (step 5) :

"When a Sitefinity project is upgraded, the Project Manager creates a backup of your project’s web.config file in the root folder of the project. Use this backup of the web.config to merge your changes with the new web.config that is deployed by the Project Manager. "

My problem is that I didn't find a backup of web.config and it seems like this file hasn't been modified.
I checked that my web.config wasn't "read only".
Is there another reason why it wasn't modified? Can I continue in spite of that, or should I revert to my backups until I understand why it wasn't upgraded?

Thank you,
F.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

I usually just run the Project Manager and this has always worked before but with 4.1 I seem to have lost inline editing capability (was working prior to 4.1), Lists module isn't working and I am getting strange rendering issues (which are not seen in the page edits or template which could be from previous version of page, maybe a div that was renamed while still containing a content control?). So when I reviewed the upgrading instructions I did notice this merging of web.config and the backup (web.config.backup?) in step 5 too. I also see these files haven't been changed in a long time (modified date is 1/14/2011). I also see that on step 6 that the SitefinityWebApp.csproj is also a file that hasn't changed (modified date is 3/3/2011). So I also am confused on these steps and some clarification would be appreciated. Thank you.

This thread is closed