Error when upgrading to 4.1

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:55

Error when upgrading to 4.1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

Server Error in '/' Application.
Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: '6A86B6BE000' is not a valid identifier.

Source Error:

Line 31:  <CollapseAnimation Duration="450" Type="None"   runat="server" >
Line 32:  </CollapseAnimation > <ExpandAnimation Type="None" Duration="450"   runat="server" >
Line 33:  </ExpandAnimation ></sf:MainMenu><sf:Header ID="6A86B6BE000"  runat="server">
Line 34: </sf:Header></sf:SitefinityPlaceHolder>
Line 35: 

Source File: /SFPageService/f669d9a7-009d-4d83-aaaa-000000000001_Default.aspx    Line: 33

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1 

Hello Kristian,

Can you give me more information about the error - when does it come up? Do you have any customized controls, modules? The error is probably coming from a custom masterpage or other content.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This happens when trying to get into the /sitefinity page to login.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Kristian,

Do you have any custom .master pages templates ( used either in the frontend or backend) in your project or other types of custom content?

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2011 00:00

I tried rolling back and doing the upgrade again and it worked thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2011 00:00

Ok I tried doing this to another project, same thing happened, I do have some custom master pages used for the frontend.

So I try rebuild the solution in VS, and run it again.

Then I get 'Unable to load one or more of the requested types. 'Retrieve the LoaderExpections property for more information.

Ok, so then i try copying everything back from _EmptyProject folder and then i get the first error again.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Kristian,

Can you remove the custom master pages from your project ( and also associate the pages with the built-in templates ) before upgrading to 4.1 to check if the process goes smoothly?  Also please check the following article which might be helpful regarding the second error you get.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2011 00:00

Ok, we have some 100+ pages, how is there a quick way to change them to the built in templates? Right now it looks like you have to check every pages... :( Also, there are a few custom templates, so when I want to switch them back is there an easy way to reapply them?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Kristian,

You can do that by selecting all your pages and click on Actions -> Template and select which template you want to have applied. See attached media for more details.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

Just now getting to the 4.1 upgrade and running into this error (Parser Error Message: '68D1AF21001' is not a valid identifier.)
Can I skip over this version (4.1.1339) or is there a better way to get past this problem besides changing all of the page templates?

Matt

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Matt,

It seems that the upgrade process has broken the backend templates of the website and the menu ID's have been mixed. Can you to login by going to /Sitefinity/Pages for example. From there go to Administration -> Backend pages and edit the dashboard page. Try editing the backend template  by going to /Sitefinity/Template/f669d9a7-009d-4d83-cccc-000000000001 then edit the ID's of the header and the footer controls.

If you wonder what ID's can be work for you, just create a new project navigate to the above mentioned address and take the IDs.

However the best option to upgrade ( if you use 4.0 ) is through 4.1 then 4.2, because there are many changes throughout the versions which depend on each other, therefore skipping a version might lead to other issues in future.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed