Links to pages added to backend menu not displayed correctly

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:14

Links to pages added to backend menu not displayed correctly

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2011 00:00

One thing I noticed is that when I add a page or a group of pages to the top level of the backend menu, the submenu doesn't render the same way as the existing submenus (it looks 'broken' and the dropdshadow doesn't allign, see attachment). Is there a way to create menus and sections that look just like the built-in sections? For cases where we want to really create a significant module...

I originally asked the question here:
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/what-is-the-general-use-for-the-backend-pages-administration-area.aspx

Thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Michiel,

Are you getting this using build version 4.1 1139? This is not the typical behavior of the drop-down when adding backend pages - I've attached a sample screenshot I've made with several pages added to the backend and the menu did render properly. Can you please try again, and write back if the problems persist, sharing the specific steps you are taking for reproducing this issue.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2011 00:00

No, this was 4.0. I'll try again in 4.1

Posted by Community Admin on 28-May-2011 00:00

How do you get sub-headings like Types of Content in the Content menu in a custom menu?  We tried grouping the pages similar to how they are in Content section in the Backend Pages listing, but that didn't appear to do the trick and showed the sub-pages on the same level as what was intended to be the sub-heading.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2011 00:00

I have the same problem. I can't group pages in the back-end navigation. It's something we could really benefit from!

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Seattle Web Group,

I'm afraid duplicating this funtionality is not possible for now, but thank you for pointing out the need for it. Currently what you can do in terms of grouping is to create GroupPage->Parent->Child hierarchy, the titles that are set for the Section headings cannot be specified.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2011 00:00

Do you plan on supporting this behavior soon, or can you point us to where we can further customize the menu styling? 

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Daniel,

You can go to Administration -> Backend Pages and then click the Manage also - Templates link on the right. Then you can go and modify "Default Backend Template". The main menu class resides in Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.MainMenu. You can override this class and implement your custom logic and formatting and then drop your custom control on the template.

Kind regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed