You are not authorized to 'View a page' ('Pages&

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:49

You are not authorized to 'View a page' ('Pages')

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2011 00:00

After upgrading from 4.0 sp1 to 4.1 I'm getting the above error.

My site is setup as follows:

root\
root\members
root\members\module1
root\members\module1\page2
root\members\module2
root\members\module2\page2

Inside of SiteFinity, I have "Allow" page permissions for  "Authenticated" Role to the \root\members and below folder so that I can redirect the users to a login page.    I have "Deny" page permissions for "Anonymous"  Role.

Firebug is showing this as an error code of 500 "Internal Server Error".  Prior to upgrade, I was getting a 403 error and in my web.config I was sending this error code to my login page.

<authentication mode="Forms">
     <forms loginUrl="~/login" defaultUrl="~/Members/" timeout="60" />
</authentication>

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly">
        <error statusCode="403" redirect="~/login" />
</customErrors>

The exception details on the page are as follows:

[UnauthorizedAccessException: You are not authorized to 'View a page' ('Pages').]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessPageProvider_c8cea08814a147c9811230eacc92881d.GetPageNode(Guid id) +253
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager.GetPageNode(Guid id) +46
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.GetFirstPageDataNode(PageSiteNode node) +144
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageRouteHandler.GetHttpHandler(RequestContext requestContext) +128
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context) +8890312
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.OnApplicationPostResolveRequestCache(Object sender, EventArgs e) +86
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Inside of the SiteFinity log file, here is what I have.

----------------------------------------
Timestamp: 4/20/2011 3:44:25 PM

Message: HandlingInstanceID: 76b988d8-a310-4834-9752-a2950aecdada
An exception of type 'System.Web.HttpException' occurred and was caught.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
04/20/2011 11:44:25
Type : System.Web.HttpException, System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
Source : System.Web
Help link :
WebEventCode : 0
ErrorCode : -2147467259
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : Void System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(System.Web.HttpContext)
Stack Trace :    at System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Additional Info:

MachineName : CLANGSTONWIN7
TimeStamp : 4/20/2011 3:44:25 PM
FullName : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=4.1.1339.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
AppDomainName : /LM/W3SVC/3/ROOT-3-129477872544636101
ThreadIdentity : admin
WindowsIdentity : IIS APPPOOL\ASP.NET v4.0
Requested URL : /WebResource.axd?d=jezYWHXzj-Gbn-Kj2olrljs9WCtDMsSpaH4WS13rnlcGAi7BXWHQBW83epsjBvONjA7evUR6xE29OAEoGhNivIdplRIKwaxbEkXBDsN6SpPwH6zd524NTrbVg1pj-ImlqAecNW4oyy45W0dqZuEtH2azQPpYj-d_9qIy6gBZwlHV3efK_4GQi5s-Ib-4V139hG1TTkaMcQna34PIvCcHrfwfQOcGjL_CxIULlaKCYtA1&t=634388057849460594

Category: ErrorLog

Priority: 0
EventId: 90000
Severity: Error
Title:Enterprise Library Exception Handling
Machine: CLANGSTONWIN7
App Domain: /LM/W3SVC/3/ROOT-3-129477872544636101
ProcessId: 5756
Process Name: c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe
Thread Name:
Win32 ThreadId:5276
Extended Properties:
----------------------------------------

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2011 00:00

I am getting the same error:

You are not authorized to 'View a page' ('Pages').

I am allowing everyone and disallowing anonymous.  Here's the relevant section of my web.config:
<authentication mode="Forms">
  <forms loginUrl="~/Activities/ittest/test3"/>
</authentication>

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Abraham,

Can you switch back loginUrl to its default value? The <forms> setting never works - you always get redirected to ~/Login, regardless to what is the specified loginUrl. There is a config section  Sitefinity >> Administration >> Settings >> Advanced >> Security >> Permissions >> Backend you can change the url in LoginUrl and AjaxLoginUrl boxes.  That should allow you to change the backend login.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2011 00:00

Ivan,

Unfortunately, making this change to the settings in the database and restarting IIS I'm still get the same errors. 

I created a sandbox SiteFinity website starting with a fresh 4.1 installation and I am able to reproduce the same error.

My website is running locally inside of IIS on a Windows 7 32 bit machine. 

What else can I look at to resolve this problem?

Thanks,

Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

Hi ,

"I created a sandbox SiteFinity website starting with a fresh 4.1 installation and I am able to reproduce the same error."

The sandbox websites are not upgraded to the latest version - Q1 release. Can you give me the steps you follow to replicate this issue on a new installation as you wrote.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan,

By "sandbox", what I meant was a completely new setup on my local development machine where I went through the SiteFinity ProjectManager to create a completely new website and database.  I think I may have confused the term "sandbox" because I realize that Telerik will also setup a website where you refer to this as a "sandbox" as well.

1. What I did was in the c:\program files\telerik\Sitefinity 4.1 folder I clicked on the SiteFinity.exe project manager executable.
2. I created a new project that I named "Test".  The sitefinity version is 4.1.1339.0
3. I then setup the same folder structure and permissions as I indicated below:

root\
root\members
root\members\module1
root\members\module1\page2
root\members\module2
root\members\module2\page2

Inside of SiteFinity, I have "Allow" page permissions for  "Authenticated" Role to the \root\members and below folder so that I can redirect the users to a login page.    I have "Deny" page permissions for "Anonymous"  Role.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

A user should see this error only if she / he tries to access the restricted page directly. The restricted user should not see any page on the navigation that she / he doesn’t have permissions for.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

Ivan,

As you can see from the thread, I stated that prior to my upgrade to 4.1 (was previously running 4.0 SP1) my user was getting a 403 redirection error and was being sent to my login page.  Now I get this big nasty error showing up.

How am I supposed to work around this issue?

I have setup logic in my base master page on the load event, but when a hyperlink is clicked, there is no post-back to where my Master Page load event is fired.  The error happens before the master page gets the postback.

I don't want to have to change every hyperlink to be a LinkButton as this seems unnecessary.

Maybe I could change the logic to render the hyperlink for the page to be something like "~\login?returnUrl="\members\module" or something to that effect?

What are your suggestions if I want to prevent a user from accessing a page until they have been authenticated?

I've asked this many times now in many different ways.  Up until 4.1, the way I had it implemented was working.

Thanks,

Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

Hello,

This is a bug in the product. I have logged it for fixing. The 403 status is not returned. I hope that we will be able to provide a fix in our internal builds before the official release of Q2.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Has there been an internal release that fixes this?  Can you think of any work arounds?  This is really a problem because normally you would want to use links that point directly at a page and have the user automatically redirected to the login page.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

Second that, we need a solution.
Redirecting to a login page when user does not have access seems like standard, out of box, basic functionality.
I've hacked into the membership provider authenticate method to redirect to login when a user is not logged in and requesting a page under my ~/Client/* section of the site. This is filthy hacky code and do not want to have to keep it there when we go to production.
cheers

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

Hello,

The issue should be fixed in the latest build that we have. You should get 403 status code.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jun-2011 00:00

The suggestion from Boyan at http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/developing-with-sitefinity/log-in-page-redirection-for-user-without-permissions.aspx was the only thing that worked for me.  To summarize his fix, you add code to global.asax to handle unauthorized exceptions and redirect them. 

This thread is closed