Changes to Page Templates Are Not Updating The Pages

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:31

Changes to Page Templates Are Not Updating The Pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2011 00:00

When I make a change to a page template the changes are not displaying on the pages until I select all the pages and then publish them again in the cms.

Has the way Page Templates interact with the pages changed? Do you always have to re-publish the pages after a change to the template or is this possibly an issue with the upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1 or a cache issue?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Matt,

I've noticed this issue as well. With 4.0 I only had to re-build my site if I made code changes (code behind file changes) but I could change the html mark up in user controls and see the changes immediately. After upgrading to 4.1 I have to re-build my site after even the simplest of changes to html markup, really really annoying.

I have no idea what the cause other than it worked fine in 4.0 and something with 4.1 has changed.

Cheers,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2011 00:00

I agree, very annoying, I have also noticed that when updating shared content you have to re-publish the pages as well.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We have already discovered that this is a bug and it is logged in our Public Issue Tracking system where you can follow up its status.

@ Matthew: Could you please describe in more details the use case scenario in which you should re-publish pages when editing Shared Content? Unfortunately I cannot reproduce it here locally even after upgrade.

Regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

I guess I was wrong on the shared content updating issue. I just repeated my steps and the shared content was updated on all pages. Sorry for the mis-post of that issue.

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for getting back to me.  I am happy to hear that the problem you described does not exist anymore.

All the best,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

This thread is closed