AjaxControlToolkit JavaScript resource not including after 4

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:09

AjaxControlToolkit JavaScript resource not including after 4.1 upgrade

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2011 00:00

After upgrading to 4.1, I'm having a problem including the javascript from the AjaxControlToolkit. My homepage is called "home". I'm using the AjaxControlToolkit's ToolkitScriptManager in my masterpage/template. This worked in 4.0.

The following script inclusion comes back as the html of the home page:
/?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl00_scriptManager_HiddenField&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bAjaxControlToolkit%2c+Ver...

If I add "home" to the URL, the AjaxControlToolkit javascript comes back as expected:
/home?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl00_scriptManager_HiddenField&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bAjaxControlToolkit%2c+Ver...

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2011 00:00

I fixed this by changing from the AjaxControlToolkit's ToolkitScriptManager to Telerik's RadScriptManager.

I'd prefer to avoid them since we don't have full licenses for RadControls and it binds these controls to the SF project. However, it's more of principle thing since if I want to use the controls outside SF, I can use the ToolkitScriptManager in my other MasterPages.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Dec-2011 00:00

I was having this same problem but changing to the radScriptManager did not help me. What did fix this in my case was setting the CombineScripts="false" property on my ToolkitScriptManager. Hope this helps someone else...

<cc1:ToolkitScriptManager ID="_scriptManager" runat="server" CombineScripts="false" />

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Sep-2014 00:00

3 years later and you helped me out, thanks Keith!

This thread is closed