Deploying upgraded version 4.1 reinstalls Sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 02:32

Deploying upgraded version 4.1 reinstalls Sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,

I've upgraded Sitefinity to version 4.1 on my developer computer and it works fine.

I've tried to deploy the upgraded version on a live server, so I copied all the files (except files in the config folder), but when I try to access the website it starts from scratch (database page, then administrator user/pass).

Is this normal? because I don't want to proceed in case this will wipe all the database and installs a new empty one.

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2011 00:00

I went throught the setup pages again, and once I provide the Administrator information, I get the following error :

The specified role "Administrators" already exists.

This is the thread I posted earlier.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello martani,

The error states that you cannot the specific role in the database because it  already exists. The error may be occurring because of mistake during the upgrade process. Have you tried to revert back the changes?

If you successfully upgraded your project on your developers machine I would suggest you to move it to your live server / without getting any exceptions / by completing the following steps:

1. Make all the necessary configurations and mappings in IIS. 
2. Create your database server ( export your db from your project and have it set up in MS SQL server ).
3. Create the website folder in IIS and point it to where all your site files are. Also you need to make some changes in the web.config to match your current configuration.

Do not forget to download your license file from your account ( from the Sitefinity website ) for your correct version and domain so you can license your website correctly.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed