Layout issue after upgrading to Q1

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:10

Layout issue after upgrading to Q1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,

We have a master page on our website with three contentplaceholders, and we created a sitefinity template based on this master page.
In the template, we dragged the navigation widget in the top content place holder, and a generic content for the footer of the website in the bottom placeholder.
When we upgraded from SP1 to Q1 we got an issue, that all the pages which are based on this template have a duplication for the navigation menu, also a duplication for some text from the master page.

Please refer to the attached image. 

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2011 00:00

@AmrElsayed, I don't have any answers for you but just so you know you're not the only one having this issue. I'm also having an issue with content mysteriously being duplicated into other place holders. It seems to add to place holders at the bottom of the page, the last place holder actually. In my case the content that is magically appearing was actually deleted a while ago and belongs to an old page revision that has since been deleted. A real mystery and the only solution is to delete pages and create from scratch (which isn't a solution since it's a live site with lots of content).

Hope a fix is on it's way!

Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2011 00:00

I am having a similar issue.  I have a home page, which currently has no widgets.  I planned on dealing with it later.  Back in February, I dropped a content widget on with some default text, just as a placeholder.  I had deleted the widget from the page shortly after.

After the upgrade to 4.1, the widget shows once again in my home page.  Here's the rub, when I go to the page, it shows that there are no widgets on the page.  The only way to cure the problem was to delete the page entirely and recreate it.

Thanks, Greg

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2011 00:00

Just wanted to ditto this problem. Our event calendar page shows the events widget in both content place holders, even though it has never been in the 2nd one.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Zak,

Please, take a look at this forum post http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/all-data-on-entire-site-lost-after-master-page-template-changed.aspx. It should resolve your issue. Still before running it make sure to backup your database.

Kind regards,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Unfortunately this had no noticeable effect.

Did nothing for me as well...

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

We fixed the issue in the forthcoming internal build. Is it going to be a solution for you?

Regards,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I've been trying to go into production for close to two months, so an internal build isn't much of a solution to me. I need something supported that I can take live. Don't know about the rest of these fellas...

By this point...I don't care...I'll take anything as long as I don't have to re-create EVERY page in my project

Bring on the internal

This thread is closed