Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.SitefinityProfile error

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:38

Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.SitefinityProfile error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2011 00:00

Trying to upgrade SF4.0SP1 to SF4.1 and we're getting an error as shown below. We are following the instructions for upgrading. Developers don't have a clue what's causing this.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Type "Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.SitefinityProfile" cannot be resolved.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Type "Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.SitefinityProfile" cannot be resolved.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Happens here too...Aside from shared GC, not much "new" works for me in 4.1

I am so angry with Sitefinity right now. 3.7SP4 was stable and worked fine but ever since January this year when tried migrating our site over to 4.0 then 4.0SP1 and now 4.1 we've had NOTHING but problems. I have probably burned through $4,000 or $5,000 in programming time to fix errors due to poor documentation of the upgrade process and shortcomings related to Sitefinity itself in terms of having to wait, upgrade, hope seomthign is fixed, only to find out it's not.

We are contemplating a move to an open-source platform such as Orchard CMS or Umbraco. Sitefinity 4.1 is a dog.

I'm getting the same error when I try to view our site after the upgrade.  Help would be appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2011 00:00

I am also getting this error.  We upgraded to 4.1, but found too many issues to continue developing with it.  We rolled back to 4.0 and now this error is blocking all progress.

I sent this as a ticket to Telerik also and they said:

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

The problem may be coming from the fact that the db has been upgraded but the codebase is not. Please try to upgrade your codebase as well or revert it back to your original version.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

That actually resolved my issue.  Good luck everyone else.  I just reverted to the db backup prior to upgrading.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2011 00:00

I am getting the same error message when upgrade SF 4 to SF 4.1. Has this issue been solved?

Thanks,
Pik

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Pik Lee,

Please find attached a script that should create the missing SitefinityProfile type when you run it.

Greetings,

Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for the reply. I placed it in the 4.0 folder, and receive the following error message.  Thanks, ~Pik

Server Error in 'XXX' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'SitefinityWebApp.UserProfileUpgrade'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="UserProfileUpgrade.aspx.cs" Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.UserProfileUpgrade" %>
Line 2:  
Line 3:  <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "www.w3.org/.../xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Pik,

I usually have to change from 'CodeBehind' to 'CodeFile' when this error occurs

Hi ,

Or you can just create a new page in your project, add the code that we sent you. Build the project and click the Button.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thank you for the reply. It works after changed from 'CodeBehind' to 'CodeFile'.

I rebuild the project and able to go to the admin page but not the regular site. I received the following message:
                " The connection was interrupted"

Any idea why?

Thanks, Pik

The connection to localhost:14779 was interrupted while the page was loading.

I fixed the issue.

Thank you, ~Pik

This thread is closed