Customizing User List Template

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:33

Customizing User List Template

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2011 00:00

I am trying to customize the List Settings template with additional fields from the Basic Profile.  I have a custom field (JobTitle) that I would like to include.  I tried using the following code which works on the Single Item Settings template, but only the field title("Position:") shows up in the List Settings .

<sf:TextField ID="jobTitle" runat="server" DataFieldName="JobTitle" DisplayMode="Read" Title="Position:" CssClass="sfprofileJobTitle" />

I also tried to get the value from the default field "About" and could not get that to show up in the list either (I can get it in the single item, but not the list).

Any guidance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Bob,

The problem that is occurring is because you can use TextField control in Single Item Settings Template, but  TextField control is not used the same way in List Settings as it is used in Single Item Template. List Settings uses FieldListView control.
I recommend using FieldListView control

<sf:FieldListView ID="jobTitle" runat="server" Text="Position: 0" Properties="JobTitle" WrapperTagName="" WrapperTagCssClass="" />

or if you want to achieve the same result using TextField control

<sf:TextField ID="jobTitle" runat="server" DataFieldName="JobTitle" DisplayMode="Read" Value='<%# String.Format("Position: 0",Eval("JobTitle"))%>' CssClass="sfprofileJobTitle" />

I hope this information will be helpful to you and if you experience any more issues feel free to write back.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed