Cannot create a 2nd project using Sitefinity Project Manage

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:07

Cannot create a 2nd project using Sitefinity Project Manager (version 4.1)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2011 00:00

Using Sitefiity Project Manager, I was able to successfully create a new project and run it. When I tried to create a 2nd project I got the attached errors.

Any idea on this?

Random suggestion; what happens if you delete the "_EmptyProject" folder that was created by the Project Manager?

This folder contains a blank Sitefinity project and it's used to create new projects.  In the past it's become corrupted and removing it will force the PM to recreate it.

Just a thought.

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

Ok..This is what I did…

In the very first project that I have created in 4.1 -> Edit in Visual Studio -> I clicked Clean Build, instead of Rebuild. After this all the references are broken in the project and the all the dlls were gone from bin folder and I wasn’t sure how to fix it. So I thought of creating a brand new project instead of trying to fix the first project. That’s when I encountered the issues I attached in screenshot.

Now that I know the purpose of the _EmptyProject , I could have easily fixed the above issue by copying the  dlls from _EmptyProject and adding the references again.

This thread is closed