Special characters in pages titles in Q1

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:08

Special characters in pages titles in Q1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,
It seems that there is an issue in the page title for Sitefinity 4.1, I can't write a comma or a pipe character in the title field of the page.
I got "Special characters" error.
have a look on the attached images.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2011 00:00

You are right: one more bug in the very long list of 4.1 errors. I got the same bug and I ask myself what Sitefinity really tested before they rolled out this mysterious Version 4.1? Regards Robert

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello,

This is not a bug. You can remove the validation from the field and enter special chars. You can do this from the UI >> Administration >> Settings >> Advanced >>ContentView >> Controls >> Pages >> Backend Pages.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2011 00:00

Thanks Ivan, it works well.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2011 00:00

Hey there,

I removed the RegularExpressionFilter and I'm still getting the same error about Special Characters.

Is there any other area where this could be modified?

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

Hello,

I am not able to replicate issues with this. Please restart the application after the configuration changes. It is possible that the news settings are not applied.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

I just tried to adjust the filter expression following this thread. I was also not able to get the adjustment to work if I set the expression in the main SeoTitle config element. In order for the changes to work, I needed to adjust the regular expression under the Validation element under the SeoTitle. Then I restarted my application and the adjustments worked.

Edit:
I was using the latest 4.1 SP1, 4.1.1395, when trying to make this adjustment.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2011 00:00

I was able to get this to work in 4.1 SP1 but modified the create and edit views and modified both the validation section and the basic title section as mentioned.  Here are the changes I made:

ContentView -> Controls -> FrontEndPages -> FrontEndPagesCreate -> Sections -> SeoSection -> Fields -> SeoTitle

On this page I changed hte regular expression filter.

ContentView -> Controls -> FrontEndPages -> FrontEndPagesCreate -> Sections -> SeoSection -> Fields -> SeoTitle -> Validation

On this page I changed hte regular expression.

I then did the same edits to the FrontendPagesEdit section (next view in teh front end pages below create in the same areas.

I hit save and the changes worked without issue.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2011 00:00

Gosh none of these is working. If I knew 4.1 was this buggy I wouldn't have pushed for deployment of our websites using it.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2011 00:00

I followed the steps above and got everything working. Not sure for older versions but this works fine in SP2 and after my upgrade to SP3.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2011 00:00

I'm using 4.3 and this doesn't work for me by editing in 2 places

I have changed both
ContentView -> Controls -> FrontEndPages -> FrontEndPagesCreate -> Sections -> SeoSection -> Fields -> SeoTitle -> removed the RegularExpressionFilter

and
ContentView -> Controls -> FrontEndPages -> FrontEndPagesEdit -> Sections -> SeoSection -> Fields -> SeoTitle -> removed the RegularExpressionFilter

after editing ContentView -> Controls -> FrontEndPages -> FrontEndPagesEdit -> Sections -> SeoSection -> Fields -> Validation -> removed the Regular Expression
and
after editing ContentView -> Controls -> FrontEndPages -> FrontEndPagesCreate -> Sections -> SeoSection -> Fields -> Validation -> removed the Regular Expression

now it works just perfect.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2011 00:00

I'm using 4.3 and this doesn't work for me by editing in 2 places

I have changed four locations almost same as above with slight different in path..
1)  Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> ContentView -> Controls -> FrontendPages -> Views -> FrontendPagesCreate -> Sections -> SeoSection -> Fields -> SeoTitle -> removed the RegularExpressionFilter

2)  Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> ContentView -> Controls -> FrontendPages -> Views -> FrontendPagesCreate -> Sections -> SeoSection -> Fields -> SeoTitle -> Validation -> removed the RegularExpressionFilter

3) Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> ContentView -> Controls -> FrontendPages -> Views -> FrontendPagesEdit -> Sections -> SeoSection -> Fields -> SeoTitle -> removed the RegularExpressionFilter

4) Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> ContentView -> Controls -> FrontendPages -> Views -> FrontendPagesEdit -> Sections -> SeoSection -> Fields -> SeoTitle -> Validation -> removed the RegularExpressionFilter

now it works just perfect.   

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Suresh,

Looking at the last line of your post "now it works just perfect." I believe that the issue has been resolved for you.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed