Starter Kits

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:16

Starter Kits

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2011 00:00

Assuming the Starter Kits reappear at some point, will it be possible to get them running using SQL Server (as opposed to SQLEXPRESS).

-- 
Stuart

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2011 00:00

Hey Stuart,

It's possible even with the old starter kits.  In a nutshell, you'll need to use SQL Server Management Studio (there is an Express/free version) to attach the MDF database that sits in ~/App_Data.  Once attached, you can use SQL Server Manager Studio's export options to transition the schema & data to a *real* SQL Server.

Let me know if these instructions aren't helpful.  I can probably blog this procedure or record a video.

--

P.S.  I've heard talk about us shipping scripts with future SDK's so they are less tied to a specific type/version of database.  As it stands, it's a pain for you to convert and it's a pain for us to create something that is easily consumable for customers.  However, I don't have an ETA on this.

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2011 00:00

Gabe,

Thanks for that. I should have been able to work that out for myself, but...

Creating a short video and, perhaps, getting it on Telerik TV might be a Good Thing though.

-- 
Stuart

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Dec-2011 00:00

Can I just say, I just cant get these starter kits going. The databases are teh wrong version, errors when you try to start it, i spent so much time and I still cant get any one of them to start up.
andrei

This thread is closed