nable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve t

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:37

nable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2011 00:00

I built a fresh copy of Sitefinity 4.1 using the Project Manager and it was working fine for some time...

When I re-built the project, I got this error... I am attaching the image too...

Things to note :

This is a fresh build and not an upgrade from previous versions..
Happened when I rebuild the application

Guys, there is a serious problem with 4.1 release... Please fix it asap or atleast acknowledge that there is problem and that you are working on it... I tried to upgrade my existing website to 4.1, I got the error.. I got the same error when I tried to use a fresh build too...

Hi Preetham,

Could you check the log folder - App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs and see if there is a record generated at the time when this error occurs. There must be some more details about the error in the log file. Can you check that the dlls are not removed from your bin folder. If you make application restart does the problem persist?

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

I'm having the absolute identical problem.  Posted it as a support ticket but no response yet.  Really frustrating, 4.1 is really unstable and I'm meant to be on the verge of a live deployment!

Also seeing that there is some sort of problem with relative paths on this release.  None of my themes, master templates of loaded images from development environment appear when deployed to a live IIS site.

Beginning to regret this purchase allot.

Now found a solution elsewhere;  http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/system-reflection-reflectiontypeloadexception.aspx#1617497

Still broken on relative paths..

Hi Ivan,

Copying DLL's from C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 4.1\_EmptyProject\bin into my project's bin folder did the trick....

Not sure why is it happenning. It's working now but in the long term, it's got to be fixed...

Can you investigate into this?

Are we going to get another drop of Sitefintiy ( 4.1 SP1 ) anytime soon....

Some of the bugs discovered makes it really hard to use to the point of being unusable...

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

Hello Larry,

We are planning a Service Pack towards the end of the next week.
It will include a lot of fixes related to upgrade and other areas.
All fixes from today's internal release here will be part of this release as well.

Kind regards,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed