Custom Login

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:02

Custom Login

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2011 00:00

Me again :)

Just a quick question.  What is the best approach for creating a custom login.  I need to some items around, add some new ones, redirect to a specific page and store some value on a certain type of login and also perform an extra check based on the custom profile that has been defined. 

Is there some API code i could use to create a simple login widget (i.e. set authenication ticket etc) or is it best to extend the built in controls, if so how?

Thanks,

Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

Hello Roberto Modica,

There's no API to use if you want a custom Login control. The easiest way would be to inherit from our default control (Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.LoginForm) and extend its behavior. You can change the template through the LayoutTemplatePath property and add what you need in the UI.

You can also override the OnLoddedIn() method and perform custom logic when the user logs in with your control.

Best wishes,
Slavo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

Hi Slavo,

I simply created a user control to wrap the security methods exposed by Sitefinity, i had to do some custom elements (check for a valid key in the profile etc) so found this way more suited to my needs.

Thanks,

Rob

This thread is closed