News list item issue

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:32

News list item issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2011 00:00

We are having a page showing all the news list on the Right hand side news control.
On the click of any news , we want to open the detail news on the left hand side news control.
We have done this....

we set the property of news control as 'Master' and 'Details' for Right hand side control and left hand side control respectively.

Now when we click on any news item from the right , it is opening that news on the left ,but the right hand side news control
is showing only the clicked one news item as in the list.All other news items are not available.

Please help...

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2011 00:00

is there any other way we can do this?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

Hi,
Please let me know is there any solution for the above problem.....

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

Hi Shailendra,

Can you, please check if  you specified the first news widget as Detail and the other widget as Master, sometimes the setting might not have applied, and it will still stay Automatic if you forgot to save it. Please take a look at the sample video I've attached, which describes how to easily achieve the desired functionality.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

Hi,
Thanks . it looks so simple.
I have also done the same thing.
But still... not working.
My master view news list is showing the only single news whcih is clicked.
I am using sitefinity 4.0...

Please help.Can i create any log or something , that i can post for you...

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

Hi Shailendra,

That's a really interesting behavior, can you, please, try creating a new empty project and let me know if the issue reproduces there as well? Concerning your current project, is it possible to provide me with temporary backend login credentials so that I can inspect what's going on? If not possible, can you try recording a short video showing how this issue reproduces (you might use Jing for example). I'd love to help you resolve this issue.
P.S. You might not be able to attach the video to this forum thread due to the default file upload policy we have, so you can either open a support ticket for this, or upload it on a shared hosting and provide me with a link where I can download it. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Hi,
Please check following video.

http://idealakestaging.idealake.com/sitefinity/NewsListIssue.zip

Please help. it is very urgent.
We have already gone live with our site. This part is pending and required urgently.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

Hi,
Whatever we have done is available in the posted video.
Please have a look and let us know what we need to do to solve the issue.

Please help.
Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2011 00:00

Hi Shailendra,

We have replied to you in the support thread you have opened. Please check the reply there. For your convenience I'm pasting the reply below:
"You should set AllowUrlQueries property of the control definition to false. I attached a screenshot that shows from where to set the property"
For the sake of clarity and easier tracking of our responses, may I ask yo to keep the conversation in this thread so that the community can also observe the problem's resolution. Please try the above mentioned solution, and if you need any further assistance with this issue, please let us know.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2011 00:00

Hi,
Thanks a lot.
It is working fine.
:)

This thread is closed