Caching Issues on Templates, Pages, CSS and Images in App_Da

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:22

Caching Issues on Templates, Pages, CSS and Images in App_Data Themes

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2011 00:00

For some reason after upgrading to Sitefinity 4.1 I am having problems with my pages, templates and everything else being cached. 

1) When I go in and change a hex value in my CSS fill that goes with my theme it does not get applied and Sitefinity shows the old version.  This also happens if I change a image in the Global folder used in layout. Sitefinity acts like nothing ever happened.

2) When changing a template nothing gets changed on the pages.  I have to unpublish and republish the pages for the template changes to take effect.  I am building out a 500-600 page site and this is very much a pain.

3) If i try to set the caching on the individual page, the drop down menu seems to be pretty large.  A lot of the options are repeated on some pages, other pages just have 4.

4) Some pages seem to have artifacts in them that I cannot find.  One page is displaying the content block twice. Even after going in an deleting the content block it is still showing the info.  I may have to delete the page and recreate it to see if it helps.

Anyone else having these issues or have any encouraging words?

Anthony

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Anthony,

Have you got any solution for this?
I'm having the same cache issue with Sitefinty 4.1 installed from scratch. And also, I lost the order of my pages somethings.

Please let mw know if you get any solution.

Thanks in advance.
- Juan

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

I have heard nothing.

Going to go in and move about 4 forum posts to support tickets tomorrow and see if I get any responses that way.

Anthony

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

Hi Anthony and Juan. Just echoing your same difficulty. I too have pages with artifacts and duplicate content appearing in the live site, that were on previous versions of the page, but are nowhere to be found behind the scenes now when editing.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Hi all,

The issue you experience with multiple instances of controls on a page is a known problem. Look at this KB article for the solution. Please note that the article provides code that you can run on a single page. If you want to go through all pages of the site, you should slightly alter the code. I've attached the altered version.

The caching problems are related to another known issue with cache dependencies. In essence, when you publish a template, there is no notification to invalidate the cache for pages using this template. This has been already fixed and will be shipped with the Service Pack release. In the meantime, you can run the following code in the context of your application after you make a change in the template:

var pages = Telerik.Sitefinity.App.WorkWith().Pages().Get();
Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.CacheDependency.Notify(pages.ToArray());

Regards,
Slavo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2011 00:00

Hello!
I am getting following error on calling you code given above.

Server Error in '/jordan/AAT' Application.

Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageNode, Telerik.Sitefinity.Model was not granted View in Pages for principals with IDs 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityDemandFailException: Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageNode, Telerik.Sitefinity.Model was not granted View in Pages for principals with IDs 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

Source Error:

Line 164:        
Line 165:            var pages = Telerik.Sitefinity.App.WorkWith().Pages().Get();
Line 166:            Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.CacheDependency.Notify(pages.ToArray());
Line 167:        
Line 168:    

Source File: d:\HTTP\Mideast\Dodge\Dealers\jordan\AAT\MasterPages\MainTemplate.Master    Line: 166

Stack Trace:

[SecurityDemandFailException: Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageNode, Telerik.Sitefinity.Model was not granted View in Pages for principals with IDs 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.PermissionApplierEnumerator`1.Demand(T forItem) +194
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.PermissionApplierEnumeratorBase`1.MoveNext() +68
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Linq.DataItemEnumerator`1.MoveNext() +13
   System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source) +217
   System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray(IEnumerable`1 source) +78
   ASP.masterpages_maintemplate_master.OnInit(EventArgs e) in d:\HTTP\Mideast\Dodge\Dealers\jordan\AAT\MasterPages\MainTemplate.Master:166
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +140
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +311
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +480

Plz tell me the solution ASAP.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2011 00:00

Hi again!
I got the solution.

var pages = Telerik.Sitefinity.App.WorkWith().Pages().LocatedIn(Telerik.Sitefinity.Fluent.Pages.PageLocation.Frontend).Get();
            Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.CacheDependency.Notify(pages.ToArray());

Thanks!

Please let me know where I can run these commands. On my master page it will run every time page is open. Is there any event like page publishing is available?

Posted by Community Admin on 11-May-2011 00:00

Hi waqar haider,

You need to run this code only once after making changes in a template. You can put it wherever you want (including the masterpage), then run it, and remove it so it doesn't invalidate the cache all the time.

Greetings,
Slavo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2011 00:00

Ha Ha ha ha....

What a gr8 reply dear,

I hosted 40sites which are completely migrated to sitefinity 4.1 from sitefinity 4.0. Not even this but they all are live and have been delivered to client. I update my sites just because of the performance issues we faced in sitefinity 4.0.

You are saying I should ask my clients to run this srcipt after updating templates and then remove this. Are my clients left to this?...

Such a minor thing you people left. I did not find any better performance after updated to 4.1. Its all useless waste of time and money.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I can only solute you people.

Thanks for a joke. 

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

We have the same issue. Our site on Sitefinity 4.1 is not delivered yet so not a big problem for now. Any expected date on service pack release date? Maybe a hotfix for this problem? 

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2011 00:00

Just do an IIS reset every time you make a change to your template, then wait 10 minutes for SF to spool back up again :)

Seriously, Telerik, you need to fix this caching issue. EVERY time you make a change to a .master file, you need to reset IIS, wait awhile, add default.aspx to the page name, etc. for the change to take effect. This is tripling development time and creating nothing but tons of bad will for the gatekeepers to using your product.

This is a HUGE issue. Please provide some sort of response to this!

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hello all,

We are aware of the great inconvenience this causes for everyone with Sitefinity 4.1. This is why the issue was fixed immediately after it was reported. The question was whether we should release a hotfix containing only this fix, or expedite the release of SP1. We chose the latter.

The Service Pack is out already. It contains a fix to this specific issue and also other improvements for problems you may have encountered during the upgrade process.

We are working hard to eliminate any issues with upgrades, but it's not trivial to test all possible scenarios. We are doing our best and the feedback you all provide is essential to making this process better. Thank you for keeping it coming.

Best wishes,
Slavo
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Slavo,

We are on version 4.2.1650.0 and still experiencing major caching issues. Is there a SP for 4.2 that covers this issue? I am assuming that as of 4.2 this should have been resolved if there was an SP for 4.1 but it seems this issue still exists.

Thanks,
James

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Dec-2011 00:00

Hi James,

The specific issue from earlier in this thread was that when you make changes to a template, the page cache is not invalidated and pages do not appear to have the new changes. Is this the issue you experience or you have other caching problems? Please be more specific.

Regards,
Slavo
the Telerik team

This thread is closed