Increase file upload size?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:17

Increase file upload size?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2011 00:00

I would like to know how to increase the maximum file upload size.  I know how to do it for albums but when going through the File Manager via

Administration > Files > "Upload"

it says "Max file size allowed: 200.00 KB"

Is there anyway to increase this?  I am currently using IIS 7 with community edition.  I have tried the tips on this link:

www.telerik.com/.../upload-uploading-large-files.html

but was unsuccessful.  Is there maybe a setting in the CMS to increase it perhaps.

Kind Regards,

Josh

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Josh ,

The setting cannot be modified. If you want to upload files larger than 200kb you can put them directly using VS.

You can also check the following article which can give you another set of ideas concerning the file upload control.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2011 00:00

So what happens if you dont have VS and you want to upload a flash file or a video, which most sites now have. As an end user I have had to go back to my solution partner to get a file uploaded.. is this a CMS or not??

Hello Matt,

We have introduced a new property in our latest release -  MaxFileSize . You can find it in Settings -> Advanced -> System -> FilesModule -> MaxFileSize and change its value to whatever size you want.  Please note that the value is in bytes and the setting is available in build 1501 ( Sitefinity 4.1 SP2 ).

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

RESULT.. cheers :-)

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi,

The MaxFileSize property is of type integer. It doesn't allow file sizes greater than 1GB. I need to have this set to max. 2GB. How can I allow Sitefinity to upload files of 2GB max.?

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello,

I have checked and you are correct. The issue has been logged for fixing. Currently, you can try setting MaxFileSize to 0 and allow bigger than 1GB files to be uploaded.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi Atanas,

Thanks for the follow up. I'll use your solution for now.

Kind regards,
Daniel

This thread is closed