SF 4.1 - SitefinitySiteMap and RadPanel

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:31

SF 4.1 - SitefinitySiteMap and RadPanel

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2011 00:00

More SiteMap-related woes. As reported in other threads, asp:SiteMapPath is no longer working in 4.1.

In addition, I would also like to add that using the RadPanel with the SitefinitySiteMap provider is not working correctly. I can see the entire menu being ouput in the html, however, menus are not expanding when a sub-page is viewed. Here is the code that I am using (which was working fine in 4.0):

Menu.ascx

<asp:SiteMapDataSource ID="ds_SiteMap" runat="server"
    ShowStartingNode="false" 
    SiteMapProvider="SitefinitySiteMap"  />

<telerik:RadPanelBar ID="rad_PanelBar" runat="server"
    DataSourceID="ds_SiteMap" 
    CssClass="MainMenu"
    EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false"
    EnableEmbeddedSkins="false"
    MaxDataBindDepth="3" />

Menu.ascx.cs
protected override void OnInit(EventArgs e)

base.OnInit(e);

this.rad_PanelBar.ItemDataBound += new Telerik.Web.UI.RadPanelBarEventHandler(rad_PanelBar_ItemDataBound);

void rad_PanelBar_ItemDataBound(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.RadPanelBarEventArgs e)

if (((Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageSiteNode)e.Item.DataItem).ShowInNavigation == false)

e.Item.Visible = false;

Will SiteMap-related issues be fixed soon?

Thanks,
Ed Sirijintakarn
Internetiks, Inc.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

Hello Ed Sirijintakarn,

The problem with the SiteMap is that you need to specify the SiteMap provider in your code. Please take a look at  this forum thread, there's an active discussion going on concerning the reported problem, as well as several offered solutions. I hope you find this information useful.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed