Community edition license

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:46

Community edition license

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2011 00:00

I have created a project on community edition of sitefinity 4. I moved it in to production server. I registered my domain name under my account section on Sitefinity website. Still the site shows trial version message. Can anyone help me.

Thanks,
Manzoor

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Hydo L,

When you moved to production server how did you setup your configuration?  Have you changed the host header or any other changes? Besides that have you downloaded the proper license key for your version of Sitefinity?

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

After I moved the site to live I login to administration section and tried to activate the license. I tried to activate it automatically by entering my sitefinity logindetails. it shows me failure and after that when I tried to access the website ibcqgolf.com it redirect to a page to activate the license.

Then I download my license file from Sitefinity account section and tried the "activate license manually"  option from CMS. It shows me "wrong version", after that when I tried to access the website ibcqgolf.com it redirect to a page to activate the license.

Now I replaced the sitefinity license file with my old .lic file on my local machine.

Am I doing any wrong in activating license. Please help me as site is live already and it shows trial version message.

Thanks,
Manzoor

Can anyone help me on this please

Hi Hydo L,

I checked the license key for ibcqgolf.com - get the license from your account and add it to a lic file in a local project without issues.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Thank you very much Ivan.

So what I need to do to activate my live site? Shall I download the Sitefinity.lic file from my account (see the attachment) and replace the existing file under "App_Data/Sitefinity" folder? Please let me know what to do.

Thanks,
Manzoor

Anyone can help me on this please?

Hello Hydo L,

Yes, you can download the license file ( as shown on the image ) and replace it with the one you have in App_Data/Sitefinity folder.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Thanks Victor, But there is something wrong with me.
1 )I downloaded the license key, and replaced the existing sitefinity.lic file under App_Data. Then i browse the site and it shows me a license activation window as attached (trial.png) .
2.  Then I tried to activate it using my sitefinity account (manzu.tp@gmail.com). Then it shows me another page as attached (online.png).
3. Then I tried manual by uploading my sitefinity.lic file and it shows (manual.png).
    Now I reverted back to my old Sitefinity.lic file(it shows trial version). Please help me out quickly as it is very important as site is live.

Thanks,
Manzoor

Anyone can help me on this please?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

Hi Hydo,

Have you used the direct download link from the screenshot?

You have to make sure you use the correct license key for the edition and version you have downloaded and installed. If you have the 4.1 version go to the page on the previous screenshot and download the license for your current version ( check the attached screenshot ). If you have already done that and it does not fix your trial message problem, please verify that  you are not making any internal network forwarding that alters the host header( host header settings are being modified in IIS  ). The key uses host header to identify the domain. 

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

Thanks Victor,

It was issue with version.
I downloaded key from that direct download link in the screen shot. But it was for 4.1.

I contact ur sales team and they gave me link to download license for 4.0 and I got it.

Thanks again,
Manzoor

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

Hello Hydo L,

I am glad the issue has been resolved. I will close the forum thread for now, but feel free to open new one if you need any more assistance regarding this subject.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed