login from external site

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 02:02

login from external site

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

Is it possible to login to Sitefinity from an external site? I created a basic html page with a form to post to the Sitefinity login page and redirect to the page maintenance page but it isn't logging in.

Here's the code:

<html>
<body>
<form id="aspnetForm" action="localhost/.../Login method="post" target="_blank">

<input name="LoginFormControl$Password" id="LoginFormControl_Password" type="hidden" value="password" />
  <input name="LoginFormControl$UserName" id="LoginFormControl_UserName" type="hidden" value="admin" />
  <input name="LoginFormControl$hiddenSubmitButton" id="LoginFormControl_hiddenSubmitButton" type="submit" /> </form>
</body>
</html>

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Brian,

Please check this post that shows how to authenticate an user from another application

www.sitefinity.com/.../sitefinity-4-0-rc-integration-with-silverlight-existing-project.aspx

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

The console application you provided works if the user isn't currently logged in but not if a user is already logged in.

If you press y to "Do you want to logout the other user", it says try again.

Any ideas? I'm using version 4.1 fresh install. I haven't done anything to it.

Cheers. 

Hi Brian,

What is the response that returns inside InvokeWebMethod?

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

the logout method returns true and the subsequent InvokeWebMethod call returns 9. If i go to the site in the browser and try to login it says that a user is still logged in. So the logout doesn't appear to be working even though it is returning true.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Hi Brian,

Please check this post Authenticate user in Sitefinity 4.0

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed