Possible to configure Dashboard?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:25

Possible to configure Dashboard?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi there,

I was just curious if it was possible to configure the dashboard either globally, or per role/user?  For example, we may not want the video tutorials to show up for all roles.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Regards

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Victoria,

You can make minor customization by going to Administration -> Backend Pages. Other than that you need to assign different roles for the users to access your content of the website. For now the dashboard cannot be customized as much as the other content  ( some user roles to see only specific data ).

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

In 3.7 you could define the startup page in profile, so you could jump into pages right away.

To me at the moment the dashboard is of no real value once you have looked at everything

Here are some ideas on how to improve the dashboards

1) Have a news section where admin can post news 
   a) kind of: SF is beeing updated to 4.2 next Monday - Temporarely unavailable
   b) new course on how to work with Newsletters - singn up here
   c) new temmplate
2) Having a list of pages presented that await approval (if you are in a role that can approve)
3) Own pages that are still waiting for approval (so you can call approvers not doing their job)
4) Admin contact information so user know how to contact in case if they need changes of securty (maybe)
5) Maybe feedback, comments on own pages
6) google analytics extract for own pages
7) photo of your mother in law  (ran out of ideas)

Markus 

Hello Markus,

The difference with 3.x is that 4.0 currently does not support personalization which implementation is quite complex. Personalization will not be implemented before Q2 release. Anyway, thanks for you suggestions.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Ivan

Thanks for your quick response. Well it can not be to complicated since it was possible in 3.7 and that was a very old not state of the art CMS :-)

Just teasing. At least having the option to start with pages would be a huge step into the right direction. Well setting a prefered backend language is possible, so why not start page?

I know that we won't even see many of the improvment ideas in Q2 - however as long as we are giving feedback I hope ideas go on a list and might make it into production some day.

Markus

This thread is closed