Navigation Widget Permissions - Can't remove the "E

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:07

Navigation Widget Permissions - Can't remove the "Everyone" role

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

I am creating a section of a website in Sitefinity 4.1 requiring a log-in. I have two roles, "Member" and "Member - Board of Directors". I am trying to have a second navigation only appear for the "Member - Board of Directors" who will have pages in addition to the standard member role.

When I edit the navigation widget in the template and go to More > Permissions, and edit the "View a Widget" section and remove the "Everyone" role and add the "Member-Board of Director" role, the changes do not seem to take. After publishing the template, if I go back to editing the template the "Everyone Role" is back.

I have even tried explicitly denying the "Member" role on the navigation widget but when logging into the page with member credentials the navigation widget is still appearing.

I have also noticed that when using the user assigned to the "Member" role the Log In Name does not appear. The Log-In name only appears when I log in with the administrator account, which makes me wonder that I might have something configured wrong for the user assigned to the member role.

Included is a screen shot of the permission window for the navigation widget and the permissions of the page group of which the member pages are inheriting the permissions from.

Any help with this would be appreciated, Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Hi Matt,

Thank you for contacting us. About your first problem, it seems that widget permissions don't work at all. It is logged as a bug which you can follow here: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/5840. I'm updating your Telerik points.
As a workaround I can suggest you to change the permissions of the pages you don't want to see in the navigation.

About your second problem, we are aware of this bug and its fix will be available in the service pack. Here is the url of the issue: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/5832  

Best wishes,
Petya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2011 00:00

I have changed the page permissions of the pages and the navigation still displays. I also tried combining all the pages into one navigation widget, Some pages have the "Member" and "Board of Director" role and some pages only have the "Member" role. When I go to log in as a member I get a "can't view page" error. This error disappears if I remove the "Board of Director" pages from the navigation.

I assumed with the permissions that if you were logged in as a certain role that elements on the page would not display if their permissions were set to another role that the user is not a part of.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Hi Matt,

There were several problems related to permissions which are fixed in 4.1 SP1. You can upgrade and try this in the new version. I am sorry for the inconvenience!   

Best wishes,
Petya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2011 00:00

Upgrading to 4.1 SP1 has fixed the issue, thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2011 00:00

I have upgraded to 4.1 SP1 and still seem to be having the problem described above.  I have attached a screenshot of the permissions for the widget as well as the resulting pages as a logged in user and a unauthenticated user.

Any ideas what could be causing this or how to solve?

Anthony

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Anthony,

Can you please let me know if you have done any additional settings except the ones you have already informed us about? The logic to hide pages that the user does not have sufficient permissions to see has been properly fixed for SP1, can you please try if the issue occurs on a blank project, and let me know of the results?

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed