How To Upload Flash Videos

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:26

How To Upload Flash Videos

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2011 00:00

When I go to upload videos only WMV files are an option.
We only use flash FLV video files.

Does anyone know how to allow uploading FLV files to a video library?

thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

Hi Jorge,

That's tough one, but thanks for pointing out the need for such functionality. In Sitefinity 4.x you're able to upload/play *.wmv videos using the Videos library and the built-in Video and Video Gallery widgets. You can also upload/play flash content (*.swf format only) through the Content Block text editor (go to Edit content -> More formatting options -> Flash Manager (you'll notice the little flash video icon among the tools in the toolbar)). Tou use this functionality, you'll need to create a folder "Files" in the root of your SitefinityWebApp and upload your flash videos there either through Adminstration->FIles (max file upload size is 200KB) or using Windows Explorer.
One last note - you can visit the  Sitefinity Marketplace where a module for our 3.7 version is offered, which supports playing *.flv video format.

I hope you find the above information useful. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to write back

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2011 00:00

So, right now there is no way possible to simply upload an .swf file to a video library?

With Sitefinity 3.7, it was simply a matter of changing the allowable upload/file types.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Stephen Long,

If you want to have it in a Library for linking purposes, you can always store them in the Documents&Files library, which will provide the same functionality.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2011 00:00

Boyan ,

I did as you prescribed above and added a .swf file to my content widget.   When I preview the page, I don't see anything.   I can view the .swf directly using IE or another browser, but can't see it within my page preview.  Do I need to publish the page first?  What am I missing?

M. Adkins

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Mark,

Could it be that the issue you're experiencing is related to the video itself? I've just tested this functionality using our 4.1 SP1 version and everything worked fine - please take a look at the sample video attached.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

I just want to enquire that is there any way now to add video files other than wmv? I have flv/swf files to upload. Please reply back.

Thanks,
Hydo L

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Hydo L,

Please take a look at our post earlier in this thread explaining how to upload *.swf videos which you can later display usinng the Sitefinity content editor and the built-in Flash Manager dialog.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed