Search Widget not working

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:17

Search Widget not working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

Helloo,
        We need to have site search functionality in our project.
This will be a global search.
We tried this functionality by using sitefinity Search-Widget.
- Created one search index(selected all the options n Specified Published Pages)
- Created one page containing search box control and specified the above Created index name and search result page for this.
- On Search Result Page dragged SearchResult Control

But its not displaying Proper result ...

Can u pls Explain how Exactly it works Step by Step ...

Thanks ... :)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

There is a know issue with the results. We are working on it and there will be a fix in the next internal build. From the description you provided, the steps you follow are correct.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Thanks for the reply ... Can u pls tel me d alternative for the same since i need 2 implement that in my Live Site  Urgently ...

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Hi Anu,

The fix is made in a base classes and my suggestion is waiting for the next internal build.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2011 00:00

Hello Ivan,

Following are the Steps to Implement Global Search

1) Created page with content blocks, blogs and News. ( SearchContent Page)
2) Added Search Widget to Pages.
3) Created SearchResult Page where Search Result Widget is added
4) Created Global Search search index ( global search index.png )
5) Configured search and search results widgets to use the index
6) When im clicking on Actions --> Reindex. im getting erros as Attached in files ... global search.png  and test.png

Can u please tell me the Solution

Dear Anu

What version and build of SF are you using?

Markus

Helloo Markus,

Im using Sitefinity 4.0.1210.0 SE

Dear Anu

You are running 4.0. There has been a 4.1 release as well as a 4.1 SP1.

The search was fixed as far as I know in the SP1 release 4.1.1395

So updating to the lates version should fix that problem

BUT - CAUTION

Have read through some threads the upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1 was not painless for many. So I would strongly advice you to contact support via support ticket first!!

Tell them what you have installed, maybe custom modules and whatever to find out if a upgrad to the lates version should run for you without problems.

AGAIN - I would advice to contact support prior to updating to 4.1 (maybe the issues other had are resolved in the 4.1.1395 release - I am simply not sure about it.

------------
Markus

PS: Sooner or later you will want/have to update anyhow. So it might as well be now.

Hi Anu,

You have a custom control that uses session, PageNode or SiteMap objects and this is from where the error comes from. Please check your custom controls.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed