Log out automatically when publish something

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:26

Log out automatically when publish something

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have got a strange issue when I configured Sitefinity project as Virtual Directory.

Everything works fine except when I publish anything (including: pages, templates, document etc), it always redirects to log in page and log off the user.

I debugged and found that Sitefinity goes to root website URI instead of virtual directory whenever it performs any operation.

One important thing I noticed that when I deploy the same project as web application on root, everything start working fine.

Please find my deployment location and installed software details as mentioned below:
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 32 bit
- IIS 7
- Sitefinity 4
- SQL Server 2008
+ Deployed location folder structure:  
   www.website.com/projects/project1(virtual directory application)
   www.website.com/projects/project2(virtual directory application)

Your quick response in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2011 00:00

Hello YASIR,

Can you, please try converting the Virtual Directory you have your site installed to an Application in IIS (please see the attached screenshot). The problem may occur because of the workflow that is activated when you try to publish something, and it's checking whether you have the proper rights to publish the item. However, since the authentication cookie is not the proper one Sitefinity is asking you to log in again. The proper way of handling this is to add an Application in IIS where you can install your SitefinityWebApp, not a Virtual Directory. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed