Registering Product Catalog Sample to the Sitefinity Toolbox

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:21

Registering Product Catalog Sample to the Sitefinity Toolbox

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

I'm working through the various Sitefinity SDK examples and I'm stuck on getting the product catalog sample views to be included in the Sitefinity Toolbox so that I can include them on a Sitefinity page.

I successfully registered the Jobs example and its inclusion in the Sitefinity Toolbox was automatic (I didn't have to do anything special). But that's not so with the Product Catalog example.

I must be missing something blatantly obvious because I haven't been able to find any others having this same issue. I'm sure hoping someone can point me in a direction that explains this process.

Many thanks,
Michael

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2011 00:00

Hi Michael, I can't offer a lot of help to a solution but I do know that usually the cause is that there's an error in the module's code somewhere. If there is an error and the module fails to uninstall then it just doesn't install, there's no error message displayed or anything obvious like that. You could possibly check the Sitefinity log files to see if there's anything reported there.

One important note is that Modules can't be un-installed. So when working on module development always backup before each attempt to install. Then if it fails or you decide you need to add more features you can revert to your backup before you added the module.

Hope that helps a bit, good luck.

Cheers,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2011 00:00

Hello Phill Hodgkinson,

First, I agree with everything Phill said. Have those things in mind.

For your specific issue - we've identified a cause of a similar problem. When you install an item in the toolbox, sometimes its ModuleName property is set (this was done in the Products module sample until recently). When showing items in the toolbox, this ModuleName is compared to the name, with which you registered your module in the configuration. This is the name you would give in the Administration -> Settings -> Advanced when registering the module.

If the names in the configuration and the one from the property don't match, no toolbox item is shown. The easiest solution is to delete this ModuleName property from the toolbox. We did this for the Products module sample, but I'm not sure what version you are using. Please take a look at the InstallConfiguration method in ProductsModule.cs and make sure this property is not set.

If this is not the cause of the problem, let us know.

Greetings,
Slavo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2011 00:00

Thanks Slavo,

Making sure the name of the registered module name matches the ModuleName property from ProductsModule.cs fixed my issue.

Now, after that fix, I started getting an error that read "More than one item in the sequence." Which I resolved after finding this post. I reference this in case someone else has a similar issue.

Thanks for your help,
Michael

This thread is closed